Electrobecane

Hi Mike,

i'd been meaning to post on your motobecane and say what a beautiful bike i thought it was, very very nice indeed.
Now i can watch it in action even better!!!! she goes superbly 8) you must be very happy?
kudos on a beautiful build 8) we're getting some real stunning bikes on here these days!!!!

Cheers,

D

Rebuilding battery carriers with Pelican 1450 cases.

Considering uses for the inside of the tank - CA, chargers, keyswitch...

Also considering milling down my Flintstones style alu bracketry - speedholes, shaping, etc.

Shopping for some good flat-black in an aerosol can for the headlight bucket...

Wondering what to do about the side-cover (currently half covered in duct tape for effect!)

Man, I got to get back to working for a living soon...

pelicansup.jpg

Very clean build. Congratulations!

I'd like to know a little more. Are you using a centrifugal clutch? How much power are putting through the belt and how does it seem to be holding up?

NorthernMike,

Thanks for reminding me that I have to find one of these.

What kind of space is there between the rear dropouts or however the rear wheel connects? That puppy is begging me for a high power hubbie, so I can hack into the entire downtube for batteries.

Regarding the side panels of the tank, with your green paint my vote would be a real wood insert.

Here you go John:

SoundSpeedScotters1.JPG

I think this is a Peugeot.

Made by Soundspeed Scooters.

Also, check out THIS guy!

Hooked up a Comet Torq-A-Verter to a Batavus moped, with an eTek, and a bunch of Thundersky...

[youtube]rR6h7CAB6l8[/youtube]

Absolutely Inspired work northernmike!! We have a scooter and moped ralley every year in the Rochester area. You should try to make it down! I took my electric bike last year, and my girlfriend rode our Vespa. I'm sure everyone would really dig this!!

Checkout the club page here:
http://www.negativeimagescooterclub.com/
Last years rally with some pictures of the mayhem: http://www.negativeimagescooterclub.com/Annual_Rally.php

What range/speed do you get?

Mike,

Thanks for the big naked 40 pic. Now I have enough detail that I don't need to find one, just copy what I like instead. My buddy, who has a full metal working shop, has been begging me to buy the cargo ebike whose frame I'm about to retire. I need to come up with a design and say "Here, build me this, and you get my blue bike ready to go." My problem is making up my mind about what I want, which changes daily with new info on ES.

Through-bolts on the Pelican for motor leads, 3/8" stainless. Looking for suitable rubber boots, anyone know where I can get some? All West Marine's are red. I'd like a red and a black..

Photo17.jpg

Got some clear plastic pedals and also made a clear plastic backplate for the eTek brush holder (which I bought damaged). I changed the bolts that hold the brush holder to the body of the motor to 12-24 stainless because I needed the length and one of the finer-threaded stock studs was mangled.

I hope the copper in there doesn't attract too much attention when parked in the big city :roll:

clearplastic.jpg

Back