Elife Natural throttle fitting

Rob

1 µW
Hi I have a fold up elife 20in bike it's quite old but it's in very good condition I have spent money on it and got it round to how I want it, it runs really well but I would like to add a throttle just for taking off and use the pas as normal I had a look at the controller and the only wire that's not connected to anything is a 3 wire clip red black and yellow I just wonder if this could be the wire for a throttle any help much appreciated thanks. Rob

Attachments

• 20231105_151730.jpg
    20231105_151730.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi I have a fold up elife 20in bike it's quite old but it's in very good condition I have spent money on it and got it round to how I want it, it runs really well but I would like to add a throttle just for taking off and use the pas as normal I had a look at the controller and the only wire that's not connected to anything is a 3 wire clip red black and yellow I just wonder if this could be the wire for a throttle any help much appreciated thanks. Rob

It's the right format for a throttle plug, but the wires are inconclusive. The most customary throttle wiring uses a JST-SM 3 wire plug like that, with red and black (+5V and GND) in the outer positions and the signal wire (usually green or white) in the middle. Occasionally I find blue and brown instead of red and black.

With your plug, I'd check with a multimeter when the controller is powered on. If red to black reads 5V and black to yellow reads 0V, then it's probably safe to try a throttle with the signal wire connected to yellow. You can't reassign the male pins in the plug if they're already installed, but you can detach the female terminals and swap them to match the throttle.

Do make sure you get a throttle that has a JST-SM male plug, or else you'll have to come up with a plug solution yourself.

There's some possibility that the free connector on your controller isn't for a throttle, and also the possibility that the controller's firmware disables the throttle even when one is present. But I think it's worth checking out.

Reactions: Rob
Back