Enclosures

cdn

100 mW
I'm amazed at the number of variety of custom enclosures made or already made ones used. Its hard to have a single enclosure that suits every ones build. I suppose the most determining factor on enclosure size is dictated by battery choice. When I made my enclosure, the size had to be able to fit in three 3S 5000mAh batteries and other related electronics. I've been slowing amassing parts for my other builds including the batteries I'll be using ( 8000mAh 4s 30c, 5800mAh 3s 30c,10000mAh 4s 10c). Decided to test fit these batteries in my current set-up and was amazed they all fit except the 10000mAh batteries. I've already thought out a modification to my lid. Its nice to have an enclosure that enables you to use different battery options. Looks like I've got some testing to do with these other batteries.

Attachments

• GEDC0065 (640x428).jpg
    GEDC0065 (640x428).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 773
  • GEDC0066 (640x428).jpg
    GEDC0066 (640x428).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 773
  • GEDC0067 (640x428).jpg
    GEDC0067 (640x428).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 773
That's a great enclosure solution. It's nice to see wood grains.

Why spend a lot on alum enclosures when that is so flexible and easy to make. It might weigh a touch more than alum or ABS but not much.

How long does it take to remove the lid? or are you thinking of using charge plugs to not open it very often? Could use magnets to hold the lid on for quicker access.

Could maybe put some skid rails on the outside corners in case it got scraped in a low clearance turn.

Could make a divided section for place to store spare parts or tools.

I am always concerned with falling on a skate wrench in my pocket.

CSN said:
That's a great enclosure solution. It's nice to see wood grains.

Why spend a lot on alum enclosures when that is so flexible and easy to make. It might weigh a touch more than alum or ABS but not much.

How long does it take to remove the lid? or are you thinking of using charge plugs to not open it very often? Could use magnets to hold the lid on for quicker access.

Could maybe put some skid rails on the outside corners in case it got scraped in a low clearance turn.

Could make a divided section for place to store spare parts or tools.

I am always concerned with falling on a skate wrench in my pocket.

Doesn't take to long to remove the lid. Easily under a minute. I don't plan on using any charge plugs. I like your idea of using magnets for the lid. Easy enough to do. Have some dowels sticking up from the enclosure for easy lid alignment. The only additional thing you'd have to do is to make sure all your components are secured in place. I 've thought about adding some skid rails but for the kind of riding I do, I shouldn't bottom out on anything...I hope.

torqueboards said:
Nice enclosure running 12S, I assume.
Can't run 12S. Motor is a 190KV which is only good for 10S. I'd try running 12S if I could, but wouldn't use the 6S lipos. They are over 2" thick. Visually wouldn't look that good.

I have ABS Enclosures for sale:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72200
enclosure 8s 1.jpg

Back