escooter diy steering geometry problem

With the Dualtron you posted I suspect that when standing on the deck that the front suspension will be compressed and the front wheel axle will rotate/move forward. So the "meeting point" of the black and red line will be a lot lower making the "trail" shorter. And the Dualtron also has front hub motor making the front wheel heavier and less prone to wobbling.
Adding a steering damper and/or bar end weights could help in your build.

If you have room enough for adding an extra hole for the front axle bolt just behind the current one without the tire touching the front fork you will add more trail. If that isn't possible maybe you can add a hole just in front of the existing pivot hole of the front fork which will also introduce more trail. See red circles:

New hole.jpg

SlowCo said:
With the Dualtron you posted I suspect that when standing on the deck that the front suspension will be compressed and the front wheel axle will rotate/move forward. So the "meeting point" of the black and red line will be a lot lower making the "trail" shorter. And the Dualtron also has front hub motor making the front wheel heavier and less prone to wobbling.
Adding a steering damper and/or bar end weights could help in your build.

If you have room enough for adding an extra hole for the front axle bolt just behind the current one without the tire touching the front fork you will add more trail. If that isn't possible maybe you can add a hole just in front of the existing pivot hole of the front fork which will also introduce more trail. See red circles:

New hole.jpg

great idea , i will try it tommrow,
thanks

Back