Fardriver 72850 repair questions

Sockoo

10 µW
I bought a package with a qs180 and a 72850 encoder far driver controller. Sadly the cpu died after only a few hours of use. I went into a fairly deep dive on this and ended up identifying that the 3.3v to ground bus for the cpu was shorted. After trying a bunch of things i removed the cpu and found out that was the issue. i ordered a bunch of parts and flashed a new matching cpu and installed it back onto the board. I am having some issues still getting it working.

After testing I still get to connection to the cpu in the app. I tested what i could with the controller together, there is now power and ground on the cpu on all legs there should be. I eventually decided that the header on the board should work for stlink programming the cpu. So I soldered some headers on there. It does work and interestingly it power the bluetooth adapter as well so I first read the cpu to make sure i could talk to it and that the process of soldering it on didn't damage it. I am not a professional air solderer. It looks good and its readable and writeable. So eventually i tried loading some 841200 firmware from the forum onto it and nothing different happened. I then found a large repository or files including many versions of firmware on the forum in this thread while i read the whole thing. Nanjing far driver controllers

I realized eventually that 841200.hex file and my 72850.bin file i got from the place i bought my setup from cannot be run in the stm32 st-link utility. But there were some ones in the files in that thread that do run. So I tried them and i now have clicks coming from the speaker!!! Very Exciting!!! So i get 6 clicks, they arent proper beeps but it will just click 6 times forever if i power it from the stlink. I cannot connect to the bluetooth still sadly. I did look at some of the files and do compairs and it seems the file structure over all is somewhat different. My motor is an encoder motor as well so without knowing if the other firmwares are, its possible the firmware just wont work cause of that.

The question i have now is, If i am directly flashing a raw cpu/mcu will that even work using the firmware files around on the forums and that i got from the vendor that are for use in the app? Is it possible I need some other simple code to preload on the cpu to get the uart to work so i can connect with the app then flash the firmware through that?

Has anyone successfully replaced a fried cpu on fardriver controller? What trick am i missing here. It has good power and ground which makes me think i should be getting farther than i am. What can I try next.

Attachments

• controller2.jpg
    controller2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • afewpics.png
    afewpics.png
    5 MB · Views: 22
  • controllerissue.png
    controllerissue.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7143.jpg
    IMG_7143.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Do you have any idea why the CPU died?

Sorry I can't help you with your question how to flash the CPU.

I killed two Sabvoton (svmc72260 and svmc72150) with Flux-Weakening and no load.
The SVMC72260 worked or a few hours after changing 48 Mosfets, but now it does not recognize the motor position anymore, same with the svmc72150, But my skills end at changing fets and defectt resistors.

I was not able to identify why the cpu died but all the vss/vdd pins are shorted on it when removed. That issue is resolved now though and it has good power so there is no sensable reason i cant access the cpu through the app with bluetooth unless there is an issue with the bluetooth not being on in this firmware cause i am not flashing it right or it needs some underlying code to work?

I am not really interested in spending hundreds of dollars on a new one. I had one of those cheapo ebay 3000w motors that i put over 100 miles on last year as I am just learning electric drive systems. This one last under 2 hours. I didn't do anything weird to it. Was just starting to do tuning in the app and getting things setup for testing. I intended all along to move to a 96v system eventually but I don't know what to do now cause i cant afford new controllers continually. But it worked fine, I shut it all down, the next day i went out to start putzing again and it was dead. So I am hoping it was just a fluke?

The Bluetooth Module itself seems to be ok and recognized.

has it worked before with your app version?
My ND96850 and my 721800 only work with Motornet 1.5.5
The ND72680 needs the newer 2.1.9

Yeah everything worked perfect till the cpu blew up. Since its blown up it hasn't worked. Mind you I can get a 6 beep/click code out of the speaker if I use some of the hex files from the forum. Which is defined as the security code. But the encoder version of the controller doesnt even support that hardware/function so it may just be due to the difference in the controller design. Or could just be that its freaking out i guess.

Yeah everything worked perfect till the cpu blew up. Since its blown up it hasn't worked. Mind you I can get a 6 beep/click code out of the speaker if I use some of the hex files from the forum. Which is defined as the security code. But the encoder version of the controller doesnt even support that hardware/function so it may just be due to the difference in the controller design. Or could just be that its freaking out i guess.
Привет! Получилось исправить проблему? У меня такая же проблема, сгорел микропроцессор, после замены микропроцессора я не могу его прошить. Можете поделиться прошивками или дать ссылку на прошивки?

So this is what I have figured out for flashing the cpu. If you put a .hex file on it raw. it does seem to respond. If you use a .bin file raw it doesn't seem the cpu can run the code. I am working under the assumption at the moment that the firmware flash utility formats the .bin firmware somehow to make it work. The firmware is on this forum in the fardriver post in a google drive share. NANJING FARDRIVER Android Apps Apk and PC software with firmware - Google Drive

I haven't been able to get my controller to attach to the phone or pc app since replacing the cpu but still working on it. If you figure anything out please let me know.

So this is what I have figured out for flashing the cpu. If you put a .hex file on it raw. it does seem to respond. If you use a .bin file raw it doesn't seem the cpu can run the code. I am working under the assumption at the moment that the firmware flash utility formats the .bin firmware somehow to make it work. The firmware is on this forum in the fardriver post in a google drive share. NANJING FARDRIVER Android Apps Apk and PC software with firmware - Google Drive

I haven't been able to get my controller to attach to the phone or pc app since replacing the cpu but still working on it. If you figure anything out please let me know.
Greetings! I have firmware in the hex extension. At the moment, my problem is that after downloading the software (ND72360_13_C_A12) into the microprocessor, the device does not issue any errors, there is no power-on signal, complete silence. The ST Link program indicates that the entire programming process is going well. but there is no result. I tried to disassemble a serviceable unit and read the firmware from a serviceable microprocessor, but the microchip is protected from reading.
If there is an opportunity to go to any messenger or mail. Write to karsymbaev9@gmail.com так как на форуме я могу пропусть какую ни будь информацию

I am working on trying to understand the firmware with ghidra. I am of the belief right now that there are offsets being applied to these files that allow them to work correctly. They aren't just 1:1 applied to the memory on the cpu. Without having some reference i dont know that I am likely get get lucky enough to just stumble on the offsets. But still looking at it.

Back