Fardriver ND72660 few questions.

Tasjpe

10 µW
Hi,
Im quite newbie with theese things, so hope you understand.
I installed new controller to my Fat scooter, 60V system, 1000w motor.
first problem is that speedometer wont turn on and headlight either. No electric at all.
I have one white wire which is not yet connected in my scooter wirings and in old stadard controller there was single green wire which it was connected. ( screwdriver pointing that wire in attached pic) What wire should I connect to this from new controller?
I have also one purple wire which I had connected yet, with old standard controller there was purple wire which was connected this.
Fardriver have also purple wire but I dont know should I connect it to this also like old controller was.
second problem is apps autolearn. When I run it and use throttle motor starts spinning and then stops and starts spinning backwards, spins a while and then stops and app says 2 throttle error.
Any ideas what I am missing or doing wrong, or is this new controller wrong type for my scooter.
Thanks a lot and sorry my bad english.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
What problem did the old controller have that required replacement? (sometimes this has to do with the current problems)

What was the old controller's model and brand (and any other info)?

What was the complete wiring from the old controller to everything it connected to on the scooter?

What is the complete wiring you have connected from the new controller to the scooter?

What speedometer do you have? (many displays are specific to the controllers they came with and won't operate correctly or at all with other controllers)

What problem did the old controller have that required replacement? (sometimes this has to do with the current problems)
There was nothing wrong with old controller just would like to have programmable version. And maybe little more speed.

What was the old controller's model and brand (and any other info)?
all info what i have from old controller is the sticker top of it, look at attached

What was the complete wiring from the old controller to everything it connected to on the scooter?
what do you mean?

What is the complete wiring you have connected from the new controller to the scooter?
What do you mean?

What speedometer do you have? (many displays are specific to the controllers they came with and won't operate correctly or at all with other controllers)
some regular speedomete…look at attached pic.dont know brand or anything was mounted on the scooter when I bought it.
But there is no power at all in speedometer, lights, turnin singnals. (I think there should be some wire connected to that single white wire on my scooter. ( because that white wire leads to several white wires and they all going forward from there.)

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
There was nothing wrong with old controller just would like to have programmable version. And maybe little more speed.
Ok. Nothing wrong with that...but unless your old controller was speed-limited (locked to a certain max speed) a new one isn't likely to get you more. You usually have to change the motor to a different kV (RPM/volt) or replace the battery for a higher voltage one, or change the wheel to a larger diameter, to get higher speed.

If the speed you want under the riding conditions you have requires more power (watts) than you can get with the parts you've got, you may have to change other things out too.

Note that programmable controllers usually require a fair bit of setup to get them working well, or even at all, even after you get them wired up correctly. Most of the software and manuals (if any) are badly translated and/or poorly worded, so can be difficult to figure out what they are talking about to discover what each setting is even for, much less what it has to be set to to operate the way you want. :(

all info what i have from old controller is the sticker top of it, look at attached
Is the attachment on the first post your old controller? (it wasn't there yet when I was typing up my reply).

If so, it looks like the typical generic brushless motor controller, with fairly simple connections. (but they are not all identical)

A quick google on "2000WEEC" (the only unusual marking on the label) finds this reference:
Is this the scooter you have?

what do you mean?

What do you mean?

I mean, can you draw up the wiring your old controller had to your scooter, wire by wire, and then draw up the wiring your new controller has, and post that here?

Seeing what you have vs what you had may help us find any wiring errors or incompatibilities in connections.

If possible, use a voltmeter with the old controller plugged in to test each wire and label your diagram with the voltages you read there, and then do the same with the new diagram.

Connecting wires incorrectly can damage things if battery-voltage wires get connected to logic (5v) voltage parts. Knowing which things were connected where can help us help you find out what parts to replace if this has happened.

Unfortunatley wire colors often dont' mean much, or anything, as there aren't any standards to this stuff--some manufacturers follow certain conventions but others don't, and even with a single manufacturer and model you can get some batches where they just used different colors for unknown reasons.

some regular speedomete…look at attached pic.dont know brand or anything was mounted on the scooter when I bought it.
But there is no power at all in speedometer, lights, turnin singnals. (I think there should be some wire connected to that single white wire on my scooter. ( because that white wire leads to several white wires and they all going forward from there.)

That's where we'd need a wiring diagram of your connections before and after. Any markings or labels or engravings on the casing (back, sides, etc) might also help, as a google search might turn up a similar one with more info.

But if this display is like many other displays that look similar, it doesn't actually talk to the controller, just receives pulses from the motor for speed, and has a battery connection to read battery level.

Lights and turn signals are usually run off a separate DC-DC box somewhere on the scooter that gets power when you turn the key or flip the switch that powers up the scooter. This is another case where tracing out and drawing up a wiring diagram would help, to find out which connection you have either left out or connected incorrectly, or that those are correct and that something else has failed.

Hi,
That auto learn problem was not problem at all. It just says 2 throttle error after auto learn is completed. That just somekind of bug or something. I also got my headlight and speedometer working.
Now only problem is that my scooter is so slow and no torgue at all. It barely statrs moving and seeems like no power at all.
But I just think that I should adjust some parameters to get it work better.

Have you connected a 3 speed switch? Then check your 3-speed settings.

Raise following parameters
Max Phase amps
Max battery (line) amps
Custom phase amps
Custum battery amps
Ratios in Speed (speacially the lower rpm values to 100%)

Check your phase wire temperatures, you could easily burn them with 600A

And Post screenshots oftom the settings, so that we can see "what is wrong" in the settings

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't use 3speed switch.
Find screenshots from app attached.
I don't know which parameters need to adjust and what values.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-15-16-26-01-75_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-15-16-26-01-75_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2023-10-15-16-27-00-10_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-15-16-27-00-10_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20231015_165543.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165543.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20231015_165653.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165653.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20231015_165627.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165627.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20231015_165720.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165720.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20231015_165750.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165750.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20231015_165834.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165834.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231015_165853.jpg
    IMG_20231015_165853.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 15
On the first Page,
Max Phase current start with 100A ans raise per 40A but wach your phase wires.

You can also raise max line current , but you must know how much current your battery and the BMS can do. So only do small steps here.

You have to look in the app on wich gear your controller starts.
Perhaps you have to change the settings in ratios in gear for Mid and Low Line and Phase current to 100%

BTW your controller ia a 72260 or have you changed the custom phase current settings?

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
I put that max phase current to 100 and after that scooter start moving like it should be.
Need to do little more adjustments next weekend.
But thanks a lot.

On the first Page,
Max Phase current start with 100A ans raise per 40A but wach your phase wires.

You can also raise max line current , but you must know how much current your battery and the BMS can do. So only do small steps here.

You have to look in the app on wich gear your controller starts.
Perhaps you have to change the settings in ratios in gear for Mid and Low Line and Phase current to 100%

BTW your controller ia a 72260 or have you changed the custom phase current settings?
Hi, yes it is 72260, im not sure have I changed that? What do you mean by that?

You wrote in the thread title 72660 but your Screenshots showed 72260. I'm not shure with the new 2.2.8 version, but I think in one of the older software versions, the type of the controller changed , when you lower the custom phase current setting.

Back