Fat Rim seam problem?

It's normal. When you lace up a rim and tighten the spokes, it's put under huge compression, which is why pinned rims work just as well as welded rims.

The problem you could have is if the seam isn't cut square and parallel, which would make the rim bump inward or outward or to the side when it's tightened. But the seam looks okay​ in the photos.

I didn't realize just how much of an art rims are till recent when I've had to research and get involved, i knew they can make or break a decent ride but selection of tyre etc all areas of consideration and things to be learn, this seam is a new one on me but the explination seems reasonable it will be pulled in a circle from 36 points and close the seam.

Some cheaper rims tend to break on the seam I wonder if it's the alu weakened by the weld.

I can remember when i was about 10 I had a rim bmx with a straight spoke front rim made the bike horrible so I swapped it over to crossed and then when I rode it I realized just how wobbly it was side to s and in and out I was like a nodding dog going down the street kids ah.

Back