Fazua drives and battery

Waynemarlow

10 kW
Looking up the forum via a search, there seems almost no threads associated with the Fazua mid drive unit. Has any one any experience with these units in particular the usual firmware and speed restrictions such as can you access the American speed restrictions within Europe.

The other thing is batteries, the sweet spot seems about 350Wh but the Fazua units are 250Wh's, anyone put say a parallel bottle battery on to bring up the total a bit ?

Thanks.

You gotta like it. The gaslighting goes on.

"Buy a motor kit from LR". Or complete ebike from Fazua, you get to know the makers short comings. They love $you$$$......

Buy a good motor and you make the changes for your faulty conversion attempts... Your life becomes dedicated to problem solving.

"There must be some way out of here", said the Joker to the Thief

There is a difference between giving/seeking answers and seeking solutions the Joker may find.

The final outcome/product of gaslighting is to make one doubt his judgement.

DingusMcGee said:
You gotta like it. The gaslighting goes on.

"Buy a motor kit from LR". Or complete ebike from Fazua, you get to know the makers short comings. They love $you$$$......

Buy a good motor and you make the changes for your faulty conversion attempts... Your life becomes dedicated to problem solving.

"There must be some way out of here", said the Joker to the Thief

There is a difference between giving/seeking answers and seeking solutions the Joker may find.

The final outcome/product of gaslighting is to make one doubt his judgement.
The only gaslighting here are those who reply and are full of hot air and combustible disposition.

Attachments

• gaslighting.jpg
    gaslighting.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,147
Waynemarlow,

If you end up with a bike from Fazua, then seems a fact you have been gaslit.

Sorry to have created some confusion. You might be a victim, but not a doer of gaslighting.

You can't just say Fazua have gaslit me, you have to explain in detail, with facts ( not 1 off opinion theories formed by reading the internet ) that are able to be substantiated and your reason for being so negative about Fazua.

I'm all ears and open to listening but the couple of independent dealers I have contacted seem to think the Fazua gear is pretty robust and equal in comparison to other EBike motors on the market.

E-HP said:
Waynemarlow said:
The other thing is batteries, the sweet spot seems about 350Wh

What does this mean??

I seem to need about 350W/hs on my EMtb rides, Specialized and others seem to run about this W/hs on their range, Orbea is a little bigger at 450W/hs. Fazua is the outlier at 250W/hs. In my case I would have to carry a second battery where as 10S1P pack in say a bottle pack would give me the range I want.

Waynemarlow said:
I seem to need about 350W/hs on my EMtb rides, Specialized and others seem to run about this W/hs on their range, Orbea is a little bigger at 450W/hs. Fazua is the outlier at 250W/hs. In my case I would have to carry a second battery where as 10S1P pack in say a bottle pack would give me the range I want.

Ya, 7Ah @ 10S is pretty ridiculous. What is your current setup and riding conditions where 350Wh is sufficient?

E-HP said:
Ya, 7Ah @ 10S is pretty ridiculous. What is your current setup and riding conditions where 350Wh is sufficient?
You have to remember the likes of a Lapierre Ezesty which uses the Fazua setup, are an in between mtb bike, not really a mtb and not powerful enough to be called a full fat EBike like my Bafang M600 motored E10. The Ezesty is just over 19kgs and the E10 just over 24kgs.

So why buy these lighter weight but more low powered EBikes ? I still ride analogue bikes with other analogue riders, but due to my age ( well north of 60 and probably a few kilos on the heavy side ) our usual 30km off road routes with about 500 - 600m of climb means I'm pretty tired and with sore muscles for the next few days. Now the Ezesty sort of takes the pain out of the whole thing by using 100 - 150W's whilst riding with the other more younger analogue riding partners, age has sort of caught up with me, but with the 100W's I'm able to keep riding with the same group.

The other thing to consider is the difference between 19kg and 24kgs is that 19ks is no problem to lift over stiles and obstacles, 24kgs of lift over your head is tough.

So why the extra 100W'hs, well when not riding with other analogue riders, a quick blast using all 350W's of the motor around a 30km off road loop, on a light weight EBike is a real hoot. My Bafang M600 uses about the 350W'hs but due to its weight I cannot explore all the off piste routes I would like to. Now the EZesty with 1 internal battery + one small attached bottle battery would be pretty cool. OK I could back pack a spare battery and change it over at the 1/2 way point, but thats a pretty costly option and in my view a dangerous option of having a pretty hard and heavy lump on your back in a crash.

Just exploring options and the Fazua seems the least written about and explored motor out there, why not ask here on ES about others experiences.

Not everyone needs to run around on a moped come motorbike, some of us actually use the bike for a bit of fitness/exercise and use lighter weight bikes with just the need for a bit more power for inclines so a small battery can fit the bill.
I run on 12s2p of Hg2 in drinks bottle for approx. 30 miles range on a Cotic Road rat conversion with a G370 hub, other wise it is a lighter gravel bike with a friction drive, two 208 wh bottle batteries gives me about 50 miles.

My philosophy on ebikes and age is, have more fun, go more places, see more things, climb a lot of hills, exercise as much as I feel like in the process. I've lost about 35 lbs since the start, so I guess I get all of the things I want, and apparently getting exercise anyway. I just can't do the other things without more capacity. Not interested in being sore at my age. And having the option to go fast (for a bicycle), even though I generally don't, adds to the fun part. I never think about the exercise part; it just happens.

OP, I'm with you. I have great fun on my e-MTB, but use only about 10 - 15 wh per mile, so 350 is more than adequate for my rides. The Fazua seems well-designed, but the only reports I've read (MTBR & Bike Forums AIR) were about internal problems in early units. For me, a light FS e-MTB is in my future. Even though I'm older than most, I still ride MTB 75% of the time, e-MTB the rest. This site seems dedicated to DIY and/or higher-powered than OEM e-bikes.

You know what's better than a 250W e-bike?

A bike.

Fazua is a great system its a bike and a ebike in one everyones bashing on it but in regards to been a actual bike its just that with a little extra for the less capable.

Theres an extender available so its either that route or get a custom one made up for yourself but more weight you add further you get from fazua vision of bikes with little extra weight and assists the rider rather than a rider assisting a motor.

As for firmware hacking its a case of can sniffing but from the motor design i dont think thers much room for added power its small and pretty much been design well so unless your remarkably light then tuning its not really an option beyond the apps settings.

Back