file request: QS motor, 205 V3 T5 for Sevcon gen4

dutchlincoln

100 W
Hello,
I want to start with a new EV build again, as my son wants to have a Ebike.
We have a nice bike that we want to convert.
Im in the market for a QS motor for 48 volts, version 3 style T5, 3 kilowatts.
A good friend of mine knows his way around with sevcon, and has a nice controller for me.
i dont know all the facts, but he says he needs a specific file for the sevcon, specifically for this motor. in order to be able to program it.

My intention is to use a torque cranck sensor that sends the output signal to the sev, and speed will be regulated in linear according to the applied torque to the pedals.
Since the sev has 3 inputs, and i want to make a 3 sprocket gear on it, i would like to have the sev programmed for 3 speed ranges, depending wich gear it is in.

Does this sound like a feasible plan?

Any recommendations? Tips? Advices?

Is there anyone that can provide me this DVT file for the sevcon? (this is one of the main reasons i want to use a well known brand like QS motor anyway.)

Thanks.

Dutch.

Feasible, yes but you are taking the hard route. Sevcon is well known for being shy of info with DIY’ers, and you are not likely to get an access key to their software unless you buy it from one of their OEM dealers. And, most copies of this software are only partially unlocked, making programming a headache.

Then, a QS 205(50H?)v3 is a hub motor (outrunner) and Sevcon controllers are commonly powering inrunner motors. So it might be hard to find any feedback about running a QS205 with a Sevcon gen4.

Also, if the motor is a QS205H50v3 and the controller a gen4 size4, this is a very powerful combo for a pedelec. People riding that kind of power normally use a throttle, to prevent accidentally feeding sudden full power with a kick or weight on the crank (that would backflip the bike and rider instantly). We usually ride bikes built with this motor like motorcycles rather than pedelec ebikes.

Anyway, this project is not impossible, and I wish you luck completing it. Personally, I would use different components to build a pedelec and ride it soon.

hi,
A friend of us has all the goodies to program these sevcons, so i dont worry about that part.
We want to use a size 2, 250Amps/48volt.
Motor indeed a 205H50V3

We want to program the sevcon in limiting acceleration/torque to prevent dangerous situations, hence the 3 speeds, and 3 inputs, limiting max. speed.

Due to regulations we cannot use a thumb or handthrottle over here.. Thats why i figured the torque sensor in the cranck.

Back