Flip Cycle Analyst Display 180 Degrees

Is it possible to change a setting on the Cycle Analyst so that the display (and buttons, I suppose) are rotated 180 degrees?

I have a situation in which it would be better for me to mount the CA "upside down" from it's traditional orientation. I've checked the manual and scanned through the settings options in the CASetupUtility, but haven't seen anything that looks like what I'm after.

No, there's nothing like that.

But you can open the CA and physically flip the electronics inside the case, and make a 3-wire extension to run to the button cable that flips the two buttons while also letting it reach the CA board in it's new orientation.

Just curious: Is there a reason not to just rotate the mount being used for the CA so the CA itself is still "upright"?

Is there a reason not to just rotate the mount being used for the CA so the CA itself is still "upright"?
The clamp has to hang upside down for the placement I want, which means the cables can't exit that way. I may just 3d print a different mount.

Here's what I'm shooting for:

2024-02-14 21.21.59.jpg

And here's the problem:

2024-02-14 21.22.43.jpg

The mount doesn't reach down far enough to bolt through.

Ah, I see the problem(s). :/ Not sure what the ideal solution is; you almost certainly have a better idea of that. :)

What exactly is that long "display" on the top? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

BTW...if you don't need to see the stuff on the CA screen during a ride, you can put it anywhere, and just mount remote buttons/etc on the bars for any functions you have to access during the ride.

Ah, I see the problem(s). :/ Not sure what the ideal solution is; you almost certainly have a better idea of that.
Well, I was just checking for a good software solution before I busted out the CAD.
3D printing is da best.

2024-02-14 23.11.24.jpg2024-02-14 23_14_34-Window.png
What exactly is that long "display" on the top? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.
It's a LCD screen typically designed to go over a rearview mirror in a car. It has 3 cameras you can plug in (I'll only use two) and acts like a mirror for me. It will also loop record all the cameras and, if you set it up, it will go half screen CarPlay/AndriodAuto so you can have a map up as well. I nabbed it off ali express for about $130.

If it can run android apps, there are some CA dash apps that take serial data from the CA and plop that onto dials/etc. Somewhere here on the forums; dont' recall how finished any of them are (never tried them as I didn't have the necessary hardware/etc).

Back