Cycle analyst alternatives?

Dumsterdave

100 W
I've been using a cycle analyst for the past 10 years and have the cav3 now, but it's starting to malfunction. I think it's time to get something a bit more modern looking. Unfortunately I also use a phaserunner, so that would have to be changed as well.

I like the configuration options available, but I honestly only need to have a legal/non legal option. Right now I have my CA set so when I turn it on, it boots into "legal mode", limited to 25km, 250w and no throttle. And then I change to mode 2 or 3 if I want it faster. I have been pulled over once and I just needed to flick the separate on/off switch to reboot into legal mode. I was able to convince the officer that the throttle was disabled and only there to provide regen braking. He bought it... So ideally I would like something with similar features.

On my bbshd I use an eggrider. It also boots into legal mode and using my phone is the only way to change modes. I can turn the display off and on and then I'm in legal mode if needed.

I could use an eggrider, but they don't seem to be really weather proof or even that durable.

I would like a small controller and I'm only running a 52v battery.

Tldr: looking for a small controller and modern looking display that has the possibility to have a legal/non legal settings that can be changed quickly and are difficult for the police to realise that illegal mode exists

Thanks

Grin has just published the new Main9Superharness, that works with various commercial displays:
But I don't know if it offers the off-road mode, too.

8b79f1fb-586c-8c07-904a-67d4c4de5999.jpg

04385071-271d-00ce-0885-588d1d1db29b.jpg

Grin has just published the new Main9Superharness, that works with various commercial displays:
But I don't know if it offers the off-road mode, too.

8b79f1fb-586c-8c07-904a-67d4c4de5999.jpg

04385071-271d-00ce-0885-588d1d1db29b.jpg
Looks interesting. Now I just need to get one shipped to Denmark. Although it seems more of an "adapter", enabling the user to choose a different display. I might be stuck with using the eggrider 😕, but at least we might have the option to choose which display we want

Unfortunately I also use a phaserunner, so that would have to be changed as well.

I like the configuration options available, but I honestly only need to have a legal/non legal option. Right now I have my CA set so when I turn it on, it boots into "legal mode", limited to 25km, 250w and no throttle. And then I change to mode 2 or 3 if I want it faster. I have been pulled over once and I just needed to flick the separate on/off switch to reboot into legal mode. I was able to convince the officer that the throttle was disabled and only there to provide regen braking. He bought it... So ideally I would like something with similar features.
I would recommend looking into the PR's advanced settings. Depending on the version you have, you may be able to directly connect your PAS / etc to it and not use any external modulation/control/modification device. Ebikes.ca and their manual has some info on these; ASI may have more about the extended stuff in the Dev Screen section, since the controller is based on theirs.

I know it's supposed to be possible to use the PRv6 (probably earlier ones as well) with various 3rd party displays to change assist levels based on whatever you've already set the PR to do, but I haven't explored it so I don't have details.

Back