Flipsky controller!

Raven505

10 mW
Hello,
I’m looking at buying a new controller. I’ve owned Kelley. Don’t really want to buy another If I can find better. My bike has qs motor 2kw hub and 1.8kw 21700 Samsung 35a 13s Battery pack. Bike is peaking 8kw. Averaging 750-2000w. I’m looking at the flipsky 75100 or 75200. Which would you choose? Also, does anyone have any experience with these controllers? Anyone have any other recommendations for a controller?
Thnx

I use a KT 60A controller on one of my bikes and I'm happy with it. I've run it at 60A and at 40A.

If you want that much power a 75100 won't cut it an a 75200 would be pushed, a 75350 would be what I would pick if I wanted to keep it cheap (IE not a higher end VESC). I run my 75200 peaking around 5kw at 130PA and I'm not really pushing it (yet) but it's also 72v so less current to get there. If you can find the phase amps your previous controller was set to that would be a good way to compare new controllers.

If you want that much power a 75100 won't cut it an a 75200 would be pushed, a 75350 would be what I would pick if I wanted to keep it cheap (IE not a higher end VESC). I run my 75200 peaking around 5kw at 130PA and I'm not really pushing it (yet) but it's also 72v so less current to get there. If you can find the phase amps your previous controller was set to that would be a good way to compare new controllers.
How long have you run the controller? Do you like it? What are the other option for higher end controllers? Thnx

I've run it for about 3/4 of a year on my LR Small Block, I'm also installing a 75100 dual on my fat bike and an original 75100 on another bike that will probably be replaced with a higher power controller later. I would say they are fine, certainly lower quality than other VESCs but build quality wise better than a lot of other cheap controllers out there. If I were to buy a nice VESC I would buy a Tronic or a Trampa.

You probably should be more considering the pros and cons of a VESC vs a traditional controller. VESCs firmware is pretty advanced because it's designed to be possible to tune it to run basically any motor which has pros and cons. It won't be as plug and play as a controller that is built specifically to power a large hub motor although I think hub motors are one of the easier motors to tune them with. At the same time this means there are a lot of settings that are very easy to change, unlike some controllers where the settings are impossible to change or hard to get to. You probably won't use most of them but if you like tinkering it's a good choice. If you don't like tinkering then it may not be a great choice as there will be some tinkering and setup.

Another downside is most VESCs are not waterproofed so you'll either need to mount the controller somewhere protected or waterproof it. Although that is a plus of the 75350 in it's enclosure version.

I've run it for about 3/4 of a year on my LR Small Block, I'm also installing a 75100 dual on my fat bike and an original 75100 on another bike that will probably be replaced with a higher power controller later. I would say they are fine, certainly lower quality than other VESCs but build quality wise better than a lot of other cheap controllers out there. If I were to buy a nice VESC I would buy a Tronic or a Trampa.

You probably should be more considering the pros and cons of a VESC vs a traditional controller. VESCs firmware is pretty advanced because it's designed to be possible to tune it to run basically any motor which has pros and cons. It won't be as plug and play as a controller that is built specifically to power a large hub motor although I think hub motors are one of the easier motors to tune them with. At the same time this means there are a lot of settings that are very easy to change, unlike some controllers where the settings are impossible to change or hard to get to. You probably won't use most of them but if you like tinkering it's a good choice. If you don't like tinkering then it may not be a great choice as there will be some tinkering and setup.

Another downside is most VESCs are not waterproofed so you'll either need to mount the controller somewhere protected or waterproof it. Although that is a plus of the 75350 in it's enclosure version.
Which tradional non vesc controller would you suggest?

Back