Vsett 10+ 60v35ah controller upgrade

Sparta

1 µW
Hello, I have been looking around and I have been wanting to get a controller at or around 50-60a, I think stock controller on vsett is 30-35a and wanted to double that as I did upgrade the battery to a 16s7p 21700 Samsung 50e cells. I feel the scooter maxes out at around 45 mph and wanted to push it to go 55 maybe 60. What kind of controller would I need to push a demand like that from the battery? I’m also new to all this but I don’t mind getting my hands dirty.

Smart controllers like Ubox V2 dual 100v/100a or 75v/100a are programmable. Those are max continuous amps X2...100a per motor if you prefer. You can set the voltage and amp output with the VESC app.

Hello, I have been looking around and I have been wanting to get a controller at or around 50-60a, I think stock controller on vsett is 30-35a and wanted to double that as I did upgrade the battery to a 16s7p 21700 Samsung 50e cells. I feel the scooter maxes out at around 45 mph and wanted to push it to go 55 maybe 60. What kind of controller would I need to push a demand like that from the battery? I’m also new to all this but I don’t mind getting my hands dirty.
How fast does the motor wheel spin off ground? If it doesn't go at least as fast as you want it to now, it can't go any faster with the new controller. Usually you'll only get about 80%-ish of the unloaded speed as the max actual speed of the motor, so realistically it needs to spin a fair bit faster unloaded than your desired max speed.

If it's a hubmotor you would need either a new motor with a faster winding version, or you would need a battery with a voltage proportionally higher to the speed you need out of it vs what it spins now.

Also, to go that much faster, you'll need a lot more power than you have now, probably more than double to get that extra speed.
You can use the motor simulator at ebikes.ca to see how this works.

Back