Floridian E-bikers/EV lovers meet and greet

Ebikebert

100 W
HI E-S,

I have been on endless-sphere for a while and have seen and even pm'd many of you who live close and I would like to get a decent group from Florida together. I need your assistance to help in planning perhaps a date where many of E-S forum members from florida can meet up and have a good time showing off our creations to eachother maybe even trade misc. parts and finally getting to meet eachother in person and share knowledge with eachother. I need your help to plan a date,time, and location to meet up. Perhaps we could have a bbq or meet up at the beach and cruise around in our EVs and bring the whole family if you would like lets not leave anyone out on the fun :wink: .I am leaving it up to you guys just providing some suggestions. FLORIDIAN ES MEMBERS PLEASE RESPOND. :D :D

Awesome!

Hey guys, my name is Ken living in central Florida. It would be great to have a meet up and share knowledge, and play with each others toys!

I tried this a while ago, never was able to get a group together. Hopefully we could this time. I am on the North side of Orlando.

Thank you for all of your replies, I have taken into consideration where all of you live and i have come up with a half way point for most of us at Vero Beach, Fl. If you guys have another suggestion for a halfway point please put it in also.I need your help if you guys know of a good spot to meet up in vero beach or where ever you know of a good place please put it here. Lets make this happen I also need your input on what time is good for you guys im thinking of perhaps an upcoming Saturday. Thanks

okay guys i have found the perfect place check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0o71UM7ETs

check it out on google maps there is a dirt trail along with a paved bike trail along the nature trail, and the beach is right next to it right off of A1A i have to check how much it is and if they allow e-bikes there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=vero+beach&ie=UTF-8&ei=0aFKU6q2EO7fsATh1ICoDQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

There is a long bike trail to ride our ebikes on through the nature park, and after that we can go and enjoy the beautiful public beach.
Guys i think this is the place.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/fortpierceinlet/

This is the official website dont worry about the jack island preserve it is only a small road far away from the park that has nothing to do with the actual park. It is 6 dollars per car, and 4 dollars for a single person. Definantly feel free to bring the whole family i know i will. :D

Sounds like a great idea...I spent a lot of time on that beach back in the day. North Jetty and New Smyrna are the best surfing beaches in the state. I haven't been there in twenty years and would enjoy to see it again.

Ebikebert is a good contributor on our forum and I would like to meet him....and the same goes for you boyz from Orlando but, the guy from Tampa with the vette (I want to party with you dude) :wink:

Yeah I'm in...a Saturday in May works for me. Certainly, before it get too crazy hot.

On a more serious side...I'll stay the night at the "Dockside Inn" on the south side of the inlet....word is they have great snook fishing off their docks. After the day with Bert and the family....I'm definitely going to need a drink :roll:

Yeah I know sflorlando..."Bla Bla Bla" are you going to be on the Surly???....the world wonders :?:

Thanks for the kind words, I got permision from the front office to bring our e-bikes. It looked like to me that this park is very eco-friendly and i assumed that the park rangers would frown upon us tearing it up at 40 mph so I gained permision by saying that we were an enviromentalist group :D and said that we educate people on the advantages of light electric vehicle transportation which is not too far away from the truth. So this is the excuse we will use if we are confronted with a park ranger. Alright guys I need more feedback on what you guys think of the plan I need your approval to come up with a date.

I'm down for whatever time except during the week. I'm now working on an offshore platform but I go back to FL every weekend and my bikes are ready. I can't really do off road since both my rides were setup for commuting to and from work :( but I have a couple of v2 818 cams and a mobius so I can shoot a couple of vids and share here too.

Just in case I'm bringing my hyperion 1420 if anyone needs to charge or anything from my car or someone else's.

If anybody needs some parts I'll bring some spare parts too like throttles controller plates etc

Sweet thanks for the support, the good thing is that there is a long paved bike trail so you will still be able to use your bikes and yes please take video to share on here, I think that we are set up for a Saturday then. Lets plan this for some time in May so we give ourselves enough time ahead so most can make it. I am eying the dates May 3, or 10 both being Saturdays which do you guys prefer?

May 3rd is an electrathon race in Cocoa that I will be racing in http://electrathonoftampabay.org/www/ so the 10th would be better for me

May 10th seems to work for me.

I'd love to see Drew's creation for the race. We are definitely spoiled able to ride all our vehicles the entire year long.

Ken

Ya ouch,

Mothers day, might be a nogo for me too. My mother doesnt really care, but for some reason I have to celebrate for an entire week with my wife. The first year after our oldest son was born I made the mistake of saying to my wife when she didnt get anything from me..."Youre not my mom, why would I get you something"

Not happening again.

Alright guys sounds good for me too, So we will set the date for May 17 since the majority can make it. I was thinking we could get there at around 10 A.M. and leave whenever you want or need to. How long do you guys want to make this, there is plenty to do and this can easily be made an all day thing if you guys wanted to.

Back