Floridian E-bikers/EV lovers meet and greet

I really dont want this to fall to the wayside so I think I will spearhead this meet to make it the best it can be. Im the one that is putting the most on the line for this I think and I want to make this memorable for those that come so you will keep coming back. Im coming from Atlanta. I have a 550 mile drive. $200 in gas. I will more likely be driving either my car which has a hitch to carry my bike safely or I may rent a truck to help with logistics when I get down there or even have it as a SAG vehicle. I may rig a portable charging station for in the field use. I will be there for the entire weekend possibly from Friday night to Monday Morning. So more likely I will be in a hotel. If you need a spot to stay or want to go in on a double queen room please contact me. This will be a charging station/repair ground. I will bring all I can.I might even make a harness or two. I have two bulk chargers (1) 10A and (1) 4A They are both adjustable. I also have my 1400w RC Charger. I will bring tools cables volt meters and such to where if any issue arise we can get you back on the road. Ft Pierce inlet is fine meeting ground but I would like to try to get 2-3 subsequent rides in that weekend. If one day doesn't work for you will have 3 days opportunity to meet up with someone. I would late night cruise on the strip ride as a group and take the lane if possible and If i get a truck there are neighboring trails within a 10-15 mile radius of Ft Pierce I would love to hit. Throw the bikes in the back and ride out. I would like to shoot video of overview of the builds and get some on ride footage of our ride and kinda do documentary ask a few questions and do interviews and stuff.

So if everyone is on board and would like to make things a multiday event to give everyone fair opportunity. What you can do for the meet and greet? What you can provide for services for everyone else? Im not trying to be a control freak but there is literally no real talk on this and time is creeping up quick we need to get stuff in place so we arent running around like a chicken with our heads cut off.

http://www.super8.com/hotels/florida/fort-pierce/super-8-ft-pierce/hotel-overview?cid=local

This is the cheapest chain hotel. There are some that are closer but it looks like hole in the wall strip motels. I think i will be staying here. Contact me if you would like to go in on a double queen room. Not that its expensive but I want to keep option open incase cost is a factor. 46 a night and if you have an air mattress or something I wouldnt say nothing we could pile up to 4 in a room if you really want to be cheap. 11-12 bucks a night.Anything on ft pierce near the beach or inlet park is high.

@ icecube57 i absolutely love your idea of having this a multi day deal so everyone can make it. Guys please put your input on this I agree with Icecube57 please respond to this.

Do you all agree from friday night to monday morning i sure do.

Totally! Everyone come out and meet icecube!
BTW, I'm gonna be buying a harness from you soon as I'm at the battery build stage of things.

Friday to Sun/Mon sounds awesome, I hope that I'm off one of the 4 days, new job and all that.

Speak up now guys what you think of the idea i personally like it. If you like it please give us more input so we plan accordingly.

Im interested but I literally start a new job tomorrow morning so I'm about out of this event unless for some reason my boss schedules me off, cause I'm not requesting it.

This is how I feel right now.

Attachments

• BRM-1-flip_over_desk.jpg
    BRM-1-flip_over_desk.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,243
AWESOME, I'M SCHEDULED OFF WORK!

At least for the next two weeks I have Wed n Sat off.

Consider me there already. No seriously, why am I the only @ the park. Where are you guys? :lol:

From my count there is only two people that are actually serious. In the beginning we had a healthy response now we are just spinning our wheels.

I'm in florida in December... does that help? :lol:

Clearly the original objective of the "meet up" changed over time...we went from a basic afternoon at the park..... to a fractured schedule of ride times, work schedules, and alternative locations. Originally scheduled on mothers day weekend, then a prom night obligation(which I completely understand...I was once a senior in high school).

Hell, now I making plans the meet a minor in a public park....Really....this is the part where my friends would say "WHAT were you Thinking".

Bang...Where did everybody go.....DUH

I cancelled my reservation in Fort Pierce.

I enjoy the forum and appreciate the help from it's members.

Sorry guys, work has had me crazy busy, and will probably not be able to make it this weekend.

The breaking point of this everyone has a different schedule and the planets didnt align. I work from home so my schedule is stupid free. I thought if I could be down there for 3-4 days (still can) and as people come document who visited possibly share my previous experience with fellow ESers who show up later so no one felt left out ..to me that would be better than nothing. If there the slightest chance that I might even see 5 of you I would make the trip and offer my time expertise and for me to gun ho and not be a native to Florida i would have hit the dusty trails and give all of you a run for you money and the time of your life. I did want to meet you all but you have to look at it from my perspective. If you drove 10 hours to meet some people you would expect more than a hi how are you and ride around in a big loop in a park and go home. There is enough trails and stuff in the area to make a lasting impression and Im sure if enough videos and pictures get posted the second one would be even bigger an better. Im sorry I was making this bigger that it actually was. If i come I have more to lose than all of you being an out of townee. The cost of gas $200-300 the hotel stay for 3-4 days $200 the cost of food ( probably would have eaten white bread bologna and cheese sandwiches if it saved money. Alot of you can drive a few hours home after its all said and done and maybe you just want to say hi spend 2-3 hours and go home. If I come I wanted to trip to be worth my while and if you wanted to tag along trust me we would have a ton of eye tearing fun. If I could meet a hand full of you share my knowledge help someone out it would all be worth it. But as the saying goes KISS. Im over complicating things more than it needs. Yall has something nice and simple. Then i butted in and it seem to hit the fan no one wants to come out and play so yeah the past few days Ive felt like mud.

lol don't worry icecube i think its just they put a little more thought into going on a trip to meet up with a highschool kid.

Funny I totally missed all of that. I was going to bring Jesus juice too... Bad times.

I know I'm not gling... I was looking forward to meeting sexy bait 17 but he's at prom that day and everyone else bailed. Although I'm looking forward in meeting neptronix next week I think.

Back