For Sabvoton sine wave motor controller users

Thank you for the great Manual!

Just one quick question: How can you set the Cruise-mode?
I know in the controller there is a "cruise switch", but how can wire it from the button?
I have 72150 V2, but the is no cruise wire or something...

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• kép_2022-02-03_133456.png
    kép_2022-02-03_133456.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 879
Hello, i wanna put throttle for regen or ebrake, can someone please send me real sabvoton software for windows in english ? And explain where to connect ebrake? Thanks :)

Hi all, Is this thread still active? I've been trying (like so many more) to get reliable information regarding pcb pinouts for Sabvoton SVMC72150. Earlier in this thread some say that J7 pin3 is for reverse function (short to earth), but I can confirm that this is NOT the case with my controller. I wired up to J7 pin 3, and when shorted to earth, my controller applies the stop brake! I'm loathe to be too adventurous experimenting with shorting various pins to earth as the support for these controllers is thin on the ground at best. I've read about three different versions of the manual, including the applications manual, but its not clear how to fit reverse wire for those of us who didn't have this from the factory. I'm also interested in possibly implementing PAS, but no difinitive info. on this either, other than the explanation that 3-speed switch cannot be used with PAS. I'll gladly answer programming questions if I'm able, as my controller seems to do most of what I expected. Since 'Kathy' appears to have 'done one', I would dearly love to find out how to implement optional functionality on this controller in the same way as we can do so with the Infineon type controllers. Any contributions greatfully received by me, and also presumably by all the other Sabvoton users who periodically return here hoping to find some reliable information. Best wishes to all in the Endless Sphere community.
0gri

For Davidcroatia, and any others wishing to use variable brake. You will need a 'Hi brake' wire as well as the three wires indicated on your Youtube video. When the 'Hi brake wire is connected to 12V (apparently it can also be connected to battery +ve, although I'm loathe to put 84V across any of the logic circuitry!), the regular throttle is disabled and the 0-5V variable regen. brake should activate. If you have tried this and still not achieved variable regen., check that in your settings you have selected electric brake, and NOT selected slip regen. Hope that helps. Best wishes.
0gri

For Kisszabo, and others who wish to use cruise control. When transparent wire is connected to earth, but 3 speed switch is disabled (in MQCON software), cruise is automatically activated when throttle is held still for a given number of seconds (3 or 4, I think). Cruise will be deactivated as soon as the throttle input changes again, or a brake signal is detected. I think that's how it works, no other wires or connections required. Cruise activated unexpectedly for me when I was investigating the controller functions with the bike on a stand and the wheel in the air! Hope that helps. Best wishes.
0gri

I’m having an issue with e-brake. For some reason it’s not as powerful with my current 72200 as I have on other 72200 controllers I’ve used in the past. I have a self-returning push button hooked up to the purple and black wires coming off the controller (same as I’ve done in the past), as well the same amount of amps that it is supposed to return to the battery as I’ve used in the past (40a).

However, when applying the push button it only stops the motor from spinning but doesn’t apply much to any braking force at all. I’ve tried increasing the amps associated with ebrake and it doesn’t seem to increase the braking force at all.

Second, if anyone has figured out the best offset angle for surron motors that would help too. I wasn’t really having an issue with 16” mx tires but when I switched to 19” motorcycle tires that are a little heavier the motor chugs a bit. I was able to get it to run smooth at 170 offset angle before but now it seems 153 is better for the heavier tires but it’s not perfect.

For Kisszabo, and others who wish to use cruise control. When transparent wire is connected to earth, but 3 speed switch is disabled (in MQCON software), cruise is automatically activated when throttle is held still for a given number of seconds (3 or 4, I think). Cruise will be deactivated as soon as the throttle input changes again, or a brake signal is detected. I think that's how it works, no other wires or connections required. Cruise activated unexpectedly for me when I was investigating the controller functions with the bike on a stand and the wheel in the air! Hope that helps. Best wishes.
0gri

any idea where the "cruise" or "hi-brake" connects to the pcb? some of our controllers didn't come wired with one although my 72100 has PAS wired

Hello everyone! I installed on my Sur_Ron X bee 72200m. faced with the problem described above, at maximum acceleration, when I release the handle, the rear wheel stops and overcurrent protection is triggered.

Decision:
1. I have completely disabled Flux weakeaning
2. be sure to do a Hall angle test!
3. and most importantly, play with the current loop kp parameter. when I changed this parameter from 0 to 300, the problem disappeared

0gri
is it possible to enable hard start on the sabvoton?

Back