Forum content disappearing

marty

1 MW
From locked topic.
Moderators deleting forum content?
Re: Moderators deleting forum content?

by marty » Dec 07 2016 9:25am
Topic - (This is how I've always gotten things from women) by morph999

Nutspecial show me how to search by author and Topic titles only.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=morph999&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Search found 178 matches

These 178 titles are like 178 chapters in a book. Our book is missing a chapter. (This is how I've always gotten things from women) This is a subject that I would like to learn more about. I see a nice looking women and I would like to look at her with no clothing. How should I politely ask her to take her shirt off?

On the subject of - Women.
do your women still cook at home?
My women been cooking lots of chicken breasts and salmon. We bought 20 pounds of chicken and 10 pounds of salmon at http://www.restaurantdepot.com/

Moderators this is IMPORTANT :!: Pleeeaaasse put Topic - (This is how I've always gotten things from women) by morph999 back where we can all see it.

Note that in 2016 the search found 178 topics by morph999. Today there are 134. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks to me like the writings of morph999 are being deleted.

Click on my link from 2016 post.
do your women still cook at home?
It worked then. Today:
The requested topic does not exist.

Sometime around 2014 I started a topic with the title compost. Today can not find it. Only trace is here where I made a link to it.
See link here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82223&p=1245405&hilit=compost#p1245405

For the record here are some pictures of Marty's compost piles.
Before
big_compost.JPG
i_beam.JPG
small_compost.JPG
view_from_vacant_house.JPG

After
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG

Anyone need a rusted I beam?

Sometime around 2014 I had a issue with constipation. Made a post with the title Constipation. Today can not find it. Only trace is here where I made a link to it.
See link here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82223&p=1341923&hilit=constipation#p1341923

Happy to say that since 2014 everything has been coming out OK thanks to this cereal.
resize

For the record here are some pictures of Marty's adventures with a 400 pound beam during the constipation episode.
beam01.JPG
beam02.JPG
20140922_173510.jpg
20140922_173810.jpg

Remember Mark5 said. Put some prune juice in a coffee cup. Heat in microwave. Drink. Just the thought of that makes me want to poop.

If there is something wrong with the forum software causing it to delete posts. Can it be stopped? Settings?

If a moderator is still deleting posts as described here.

by fechter » Dec 10 2016 5:16pm

marty wrote:
On 11/22/16 got a Topic reply notification regarding "This is how I've always gotten things from women" by morph999
Disappeared on or soon after 11/22/16

I did find it in the log:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:12 am Deleted topic “This is how I've always gotten things from women” written by
» morph999

One of the moderators deleted it.
I didn't see a reason listed, but I suspect someone found the post offensive or otherwise against one of the rules.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

and here

by fechter » Dec 12 2016 10:07am

marty wrote:
Who done it?
Who done it?
Who done it?
Who done it?
Please see RED arrow in moderator_log_arrow image. That be moderator who had delete/women issue.
GREEN arrow as shown as a GREEN arrow in my drawing might be the way to restore a deleted topic.
global_moderators.gif

Of course I know who deleted it, I'm just not saying. There were a large number of topics pertaining to women's shoes deleted at the same time.

This version of forum software makes restoring a deleted thing like this nearly impossible. There are backups of some kind (I presume), but I do not have access to them. I suspect it would be difficult to pull a single post out of a backup file. If the server crashed and the entire database needed to be restored, it would be easy. Backups are done automatically on a frequent schedule to minimize the number of lost posts in the event of a crash/restore. Older versions of the backups are overwritten by the newer ones. Something that was deleted a while ago is not likely to exist in the backup files.

The moderator group will have some kind of discussion about this.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

Are we not allowed to write about Women, Compost, and Constipation? Or only building electric bicycles and Covid vaccines?

The forum had a major revamp/shuffle last year, with the mods clearing out a lot of “off topic” type discussion and political crap. Many posters lost previous material.
Possibly some of your content was culled in that bloodletting exercise ?

This is sad.
I remember reading a weird story AussieJester wrote about hub motors. See link here:
AussieJester said:
dodjob said:
If someone knows: "frocked" I've seen some Aussies use this word all the time :mrgreen:

HAHA..yes...more can be found on this subject here

spinningmagnets said:
Frock, Brit and Aussie slang for a dress. Non-hub motor-drives often have an exposed chain that a dress could get caught on. As a joke, non-hub hot-rodders call hubs a 'frock' motor because hub-motor owners chose a hub so their dress wouln't get caught (i.e. 'real men' use non-hub drives).

:lol: LOL..very good you have been paying attention :mrgreen: :p

LOL@ LFP explanation...need one for 'Methods' too though... :mrgreen:

KiM
Sad to say that AussieJester died and his story seems to be gone. I also remember a wikipedia article about the word "frock" to describe a hub motor. That seems to have disappeared too.

AussieJester's wikipedia link:
AussieJester said:
BWAHAHAHAHA at frocked frock, super reliable my ass, low grade casting, overweight, overpriced, undrpowered
UNRELIABLE crap, AND... haha AAAND it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke :mrgreen:
and to all you frock fan bois who push reliability you can kiss my fat disabled white ass... i seen
more burnt frocks and blown controllers in the last week alone than i have seen burnt up rc motors
in the last 6 months ... ...think thats it OH no wait, while i have you frock bois attention ...
... to all those that whinge and whine to YPedal Man about me using the term Frock ::tissues:: ?
thinking it will stop me, you can also kiss my white disabled ass, what a bunch of girls, dont like it put me on your foes list instead of
running off like a hurt bitch to the 'teacher' I have broken no forum rules using the term "frock" so why are you all complaining?!?!
What do you think it will achieve? Aside from taking up poor Gastons time that could be used usefully elswhere.
I had tonned done my use of the term frock recently it was your beloved Hyean and Luke that bought it all up
again in a :what is a frock motor" thread which i had NOTHING to do with...

EDiTED 3rd August 2011 TO KEEP THE IDENTITY OF E-BIKE Sarah ALIVE... :mrgreen:

Too those who dont know what the term 'frock means... go look it up in Wikipedia full description there ... Has NOTHING to do with 'gay bashing' Has everything to do with getting a reaction and seems i have been successful there
:: tissues:: ?

Think thats it...for now :mrgreen:

cachexian said:
Do you reconfigure your battery to charge it? Why charge at 25.1v?

Thats what you charge 22v Lipo too... Jay uses 24v Meanwel PSU to charge
the pump more current out than higher voltage rated meanwels.. i.e 36 and 48v units.
I'm guessing jay has 18s 3p pack, reconfigured it can be one big 22v packs he can
bulk charge with the one charger and/or use a couple of 24v Meanwels to charge
a couple of reconfigured 22v parallel packs...

KiM

frock

For those who don't know, if you type the "fxxx" word. Forum software changes it to frock. I miss AussieJester :(

marty said:
Recently made a post complaining about a moderators overuse of the word sh_t. That post was deleted. Oh sh_t.

Carry On.

That would be by me, and expect to have it happen again if you call any mod other than me rude names. I will not put up with any shit from you or anyone else who insults members.

Icewrench said:
It`s a damn shame that this forum is merely a hollow shadow of what it once was.
Used to be a happy place where we could discuss anything. Even how to cut angles on roof rafters. Now I can't find that? Remember someone was helping me with how to figure out angles on sloped roof rafters. Can't remember who? He taught a carpenter school.

If I am remembering correctly? The post title was Compost. Now I see the Food and Drink section name is changed to Members' Hobbies and Interests.

neptronix said:
Hey all.. this section was previously named the beer section.. the health/food section.. and still has yet to find much uptake on the forum.

So how about about we broaden the topic a bit, and talk about other stuff that spherites are interested in in the biker bar.
Tell us about:
Your gardening
Your other electronics projects
Your business
Your health hacks

..etc!

Controversial or difficult topics.. current events, etc belong in OT still ^_^.. if your hobby or interest fits that category, just post it in OT! :thumb:
Your gardening
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So its OK to discuss gardening but not compost? Hope all your plants die :twisted:

Wishing dead plants? Would that be a violation of the new rules?

nicobie said:
marty said:
And this is why I have decided to create my own Electric Bicycle Forum.

So, I guess that means you won't be posting here anymore? :p

I doubt anybody has messed with your 7 year old thread. There have been problems with the forum's data since then. Shit happens.

Have fun with your new $100 forum. :mrgreen:

Without using the word sh_t. Any one have any idea why my topic [Compost] was deleted? Can it be put back?

What was so controversial about your compost thread?

It seems silly to me that they would delete the content for building a shed or making compost, all the while not nuking the covid thread earlier. Seems to me the aim moving forward is to have a healthier posting environment that is on topic and relative to the hobby with a minimum off tangents which is why the hobbies thread was created and moved to off topic.

The changes do not make sense.
Sure, some topics ...and posters attitudes,..are hard to swallow at times, but that is why the members only “biker bar” , and “off topic” subsections were established with relavent warnings. Readers always had the option to self edit and skip the subject.
Having a 3rd party “nannying” our access to communications by editing posts etc , is one step further away from freedom.

Hillhater said:
The changes do not make sense.
Sure, some topics ...and posters attitudes,..are hard to swallow at times, but that is why the members only “biker bar” , and “off topic” subsections were established with relavent warnings. Readers always had the option to self edit and skip the subject.
Having a 3rd party “nannying” our access to communications by editing posts etc , is one step further away from freedom.

Very well stated.

For the record, i became the sysadmin here around 2015 and when i came here, we were under siege by DDOS and frequently losing content due to repeated memory overloading and constant restarting of mysql/apache processes. This platform also poorly scales and is poorly designed. It took me about 2 years to finally get this system stable.

In addition, phpbb has a number of integrity problems due to the code. It also has a feature that automatically culls content that hasn't been viewed for multiple years. This feature has been being used for a while to keep the site under control in the past, especially in biker-bar and 'for sale' sections. I don't remember exactly when i turned it off. There is also a 'remove orphaned attachments' feature that turns out to misfire and eat ~0.1% of legitimate images each time it's used. Thanks, phpbb team.

Most complaints about missing content are threads that were in the biker bar. So what 'ate' them is probably the previously enabled culling of things that haven't been viewed or posted on in years.

Also, i get complaints about missing content typically years after the fact, when we are well out of the range of being able to restore anything from backup. I have only fixed an active thread that phpbb 'ate' twice over the period of the last 5 years. I cannot do anything. We can in no way afford to have stored multiple years of backups of such a huge amount of data.

I have continually kept the forum updated on what we are doing to improve stability, cost effectiveness, and data integrity. We have made huge advances considering our shoestring budget and want to continue advancing.

I know you read those threads Marty, because you frequently leave insults to me on them, and don't read anything about the improvements we've made. I feel that the purpose of the thread is not to ask for answers but dump on the people who have ran this site over the years.

neptronix said:
I feel that the purpose of the thread is not to ask for answers but dump on the people who have ran this site over the years.

I agree with you and wish people would be nicer and instead thank you for all the time spent doing your best to keep this joint on an even keel.

On a personal level, I'd disregard any comments from Marty. After all, he's starting his own ebike forum, let him hang out there. He will soon find out what fun it is keeping one up and running smoothly.

I might be a bit over protective, but I really hate to see people shitting all over this forum.

nicobie said:
I agree with you and wish people would be nicer and instead thank you for all the time spent doing your best to keep this joint on an even keel.

I really appreciate that!!

nicobie said:
On a personal level, I'd disregard any comments from Marty. After all, he's starting his own ebike forum, let him hang out there. He will soon find out what fun it is keeping one up and running smoothly.

That's been my MO for them most part, but it's getting very tiring at this point.
I responded mainly to clarify where we're at with our technology for the sake of others.

neptronix said:
I know you read those threads Marty, because you frequently leave insults to me on them, and don't read anything about the improvements we've made.
I looked back at the 2558 posts that I have written and I really can't find any insults written by me to anyone. Could be that I wrote something insulting and it was deleted? Or could be that I have some type of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mental illness that I don't know about?

Sometimes typing is not the same as speaking and things can be misunderstood. Will try harder to be more polite when typing. Will try type like Mister Rogers.

Nicobie,
I sincerely hope that you can find it in your Heart, large intestine, rectum, and anus, to forgive me for the post complaining about a members use of the S... word.

Nep and Nic, I really do love you both, and I hope you love me :D

Got to get a apartment ready to rent by 3/1/22 so I will have no time to work on the new electric-bicycle-forum.com till after March. Hope Dauntless finds his way over to my new forum.

I can go back in your posts fairly quickly and find stuff that looked offensive towards me.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and accept your apology. Cuz it's better to do that than to stay riled up.
No hard feelings from me, i'm happy to let it go.

Yes, sarcasm doesn't transmit over the internet well, unless you really know someone.

I actually DO like knowing what sorts of issues our users are experiencing. Just be nice about it, that's all i really want 8)
We want to do a better job on the technology side here.

I do think the previously used auto-prune function probably ate your old OT posts.

If you're just noticing content from 2014-2018 now, then you can be sure probably nobody looked at it either, and therefore it got auto-pruned.

We have about 40 times the storage ES used to have, as of 3 months ago. Therefore, the use of any functions like 'auto prune' at any time in the future is verboten. I believe xenforo might not have such a feature.

Back