found new cheap site for BMS, LiFePO4 & charger up to 18000W

the charger is not putting out 58.4V if it only charges the cells to 3.4V. you need to get all the cells up to full charge at 3.65V to get it to balance properly and be fully charged. you can drop the LVC on your controller down to 35V too. the BMS on your pack should shut you down if it gets a low cell.

I've purchased 4 of the cheap plastic chargers from this company. They have worked well so long as I don't hook them up improperly. I was extremely happy with their customer service and delivery. Honestly, I was stunned by the level of customer service. A month is getting long, but mine were all received in 2 weeks. My 3 remaining chargers continue to function properly and I remain a very satisfied customer.

Hello all!

Well I can understand that it takes two weeks for them to get stuff from thier supplier.
BUT in that case they should not state on their webshop that they have 9965 battery cells in stock.
That is total rubbish then. We will se how things unfold, they are still on vacation.
Hopefully they will deliver my goods first thing friday.

I will be patient this time.
Next time I know what to expect.

Best Regards
/Per Eklund

I had good customer service from Jack Du. And so far I'm satisfied with the chargers I bought from them -- their prices are really great for what you get. But I have to post a word of warning -- the resistor bleed BMS these guys sell are not very good. One of the BMS I received was DOA. The other one (which I assume was working as designed) didn't limit input current when one of the shunt circuits is triggered, the voltage just went right up to 3.9v on the most charged cell pair, and then the BMS shut off the charging completely. So the high voltage cutoff worked, and the low voltage cutoff worked, but it won't balance the cells unless maybe you have a charger that will limit itself to around 100ma or whatever the shunt current is.

EDITED TO ADD: These chargers have an auto-shutoff feature that turns off all charging when the current drops below some threshold. Not sure exactly where that is, but it's somewhere between 600mA and 4000 mA on my chargers (probably ~1A I guess), well above my BMS' shunt current.

Ping's 5A charger with the aluminum case seems to be made by the same people. It has the same behavior, except the auto-shutoff triggers when it drops below 500 mA, still too high.

Thanks Mike and dnmun for the tips to get my pack rebalanced. I'm going to try some individual cell charging (for the first time ever :eek: ) and post whether it works. If it doesn't, I'll ask for replacement cells from ecitypower and post how that goes. I can just use a cell phone charger for the single cells?

dnmun said:
the charger is not putting out 58.4V if it only charges the cells to 3.4V. you need to get all the cells up to full charge at 3.65V to get it to balance properly and be fully charged. you can drop the LVC on your controller down to 35V too. the BMS on your pack should shut you down if it gets a low cell.

I think the BMS is shutting it down because of that weak cell, I did my discharge test through some light bulbs and not the controller. When I test the voltage at the end of the charge cycle, it is around 58.4v, but then the pack "settles" to around 54 after a little while (which first prompted me to email Jack for some tech support).

ok, check the cell voltages right at the end of the balancing to see where the low cell is when the BMS shuts down the charge when the high cell reaches 3.9V. the lowest cell needs to get to 3.65V.

settling to 3.33V is normal.

After manual charging of my 48v 12ah pack, cell 12 still doesn't seem to hold a charge well. Jack Du has offered to replace it and send me some new shrinkwrap and foam to rebuild the pack. I am pleased. :) Thanks for the advice on testing. I'm still a satisfied ecitypower customer after 2 packs and 4 chargers.

since they make good stuff it doesn´t really matter, but there was a misinformation about the "CE" sign at the beginning of this thread.

CE can say"chinese export" or that it is made in accordance with european regulations about basic safety.
tis regulations do not include details like quality or durability, just very basic safety related regulations like that it has to have shunt - but not where and how it´s wired up.

more important is that the issuing of the "CE" stamping does not need to be authorized or controlled by some authority but every manufacturer can stamp "CE" on it since it´s only the manufacturers promise that these regulations have been acknowledged and met.
Try to sue him in china if a related promise aboout european regulations failed...

The real important thing to ask is if the manufacturer is certified with DIN ISO standards, for example 9005 as a manufacturer and the manufacturing process and products according DIN ISO 9001 and/ or 9002 as these standards make sure the management and general setup is taking care of this and other issues that relate with smooth international trading and office workflow and alike.

as for many chinese manufacturers runnin sales offices in business centers amongs other companies and also trade agents, this is regular in china and no hint towards problems.

those that want to make 100% sure shoudl order form trade agents in singapore and taiwan, the laws there in against cheating and defrauding trade partners no matter the origin are really hefty so they are "all" honest.

Hey everyone,

I am looking at building my first bike. I will most likely be getting an Aotema front hub motor.

Can you guys recommend the stuff to order from this site? I am looking to get a 36V20Ah battery.

So which charger should I get? Any tips on what I need to get so this will work nicely with the Aotema motor?

Anyone bought anything from these guys lately ?
I sent an email a few days ago asking for a shipping price on a few items and got not reply...

I bought another charger from the folks at ecitypower, this time one of their 240W aluminum case model EP6004JL units. I bought it when I still had a fully functioning 16S LiFePO4 pack so I asked it to be set to 59-59.5V at 4A. They forgot about my order until I inquired where it was after waiting 3 1/2 weeks. During that time I had a cell go bad, which I removed, so now I have a 15S battery with no BMS attached. I also ordered a charger specifically made for a 15 cell LiFePO4 pack from All-Battery.com and lo and behold it arrived on the same day as the charger from ecitypower. The nice thing about the charger from ecitypower is it has a wide adjustment range (pot at upper right of photo) of 50.5V to 70.3V (I set mine at 55.5V or 3.70V/cell). It looks like a nice charger but I haven't had a chance to use it except to top off the battery (hurry up spring!).

ECityPower240W 007a.jpg
ECityPower240W 002a.jpg

-R

Hi,

I bought 2 of your BMS's (pic included). I have no idea how to wire it up as there are no instructions or guide.

The link on your site is dead and it seems you no longer sell the product. I bought these a month ago.

Could you please help me by posting a link to the wiring diagram.... cheers :)
S3-24.jpg

I did get the sense wires, looks like a very well built BMS, it's just that I am confused as to which main wire goes to which part of the circuit board i.e P- on the circuit board I know goes to but there is a part of the circuit board labelled HG- that I have no idea if that goes to negative on the battery or negative to charger or negative to main negative power out lol.

No documentation was sent or on their web site. 160 amp discharge ilk not be pretty on this battery pack if I get it wrong lol. I think I can see on the part with the main shunt the letters HB- but it haze some soldered parts over it. I take it that this would be the main negative discharge as it has the massive 80 amp shunt par and lots of solder?

As for the sense wires I would guess that it is the usual first wire goes to the first cells negative on the battery and the rest go to the positive on the rest of the cells in order.

No guessing :) They sent me the wiring diagram before I wired it up. But the first BMS just pulsed on nd off really quickly grr and the second one ran fine until a Headway Cell 12 ah went dodgy and started reading -1.4 volts? Negative voltts is wierd.

Anyhow I noticed that out of the two BMS's one of the Fets wired up completely wrong compared to the other one. one of the legs is not connected to anything and the other is in the wrong solder point on the circuit board.

Hope this didn't cause my bad cell? Have emailed them about this, funny thing is they have taken this BMS off of their site so maybe they were dodgy?

Will take a photo later.

They list a phone number. Why don't you get someone who knows Mandarin or Cantonese to give them a call?

Back