• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Found this on ebay.

Jason27

10 kW
48vbat.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/48V-12AH-LITHIUM-BATTERY-PACK-LiNMC-LiFePO4-/300572317556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fb819774

48V 12AH.

What is better LiNMC or LiFePO4 ?

i would say lifepo4 for cycle life but depends on intended use

Broken image.

If it's some unknown stuff on eBay, you're the guinea pig if you buy it.

3.5 years ago several of us were guinea pigs for Ping packs. Isn't LiNMC the latest and greatest that LFP says is the best out there?

as has been said before, AllCell Technologies dont make batteries, they assemble packs using cells from other sources.
There have been some good reports of Allcell packs, but none from these claimed LiNMC cells.
Its always a gamble with Ebay, and i am always suspicious of packs assembled from 18650 cells ! :?
20A from a 12 Ahr pack doesnt sound like good cell chemistry to me ( <2c discharge ??)

John in CR said:
3.5 years ago several of us were guinea pigs for Ping packs. Isn't LiNMC the latest and greatest that LFP says is the best out there?

Sure..
NMC varies in discharge rate and watt-hours per kg pretty widely.
There is stuff out there that is basically 1C, some 2C stuff too.. then there's 10C-20C cells that we can't currently buy.

There seems to be a range from 160wh/kg all the way up to about 200wh/kg, maybe even more.

The big advantage is: lighter than RC lipo, and on par in terms of safety with lifepo4 ( according to literature )

Thanks for the explaination. I didnt know what was the big difference between the two types of chemestries. :!:

Yeah these Allcell packs are much more energy dense than a Lifepo4 pack. They offer long cycle life and a safer chemistry than RC Lipo. The drawback to this particular pack is the amount of current it will output, more a bms limitation in my experience. I've been testing several packs from Allcell for several months. I am a reseller of these as well and will have a a website up soon offering them. I have a prototype battery from them that is being shipped to me right now for testing that I plan to make available soon. It uses the same Panasonic Limnc cells but is a larger pack, 14s (51.8v) 22ah. It should support a continuous 65amp or 3c draw. I think this chemistry is the future considering the lightweight, safer chemistry and long cycle life. The energy density and C rating is only getting better as time goes on as well.

This ebay seller would appear to be chicagoelectricbikes.com.

They have another listing for an electric bike which is pictured on their website on this page:

http://www.chicagoelectricbicycles.com/Benefits.html

ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEALTH-CRUISER-HYBRID-ELECTRIC-BICYCLE-EBIKE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45fbde3e90QQitemZ300578389648QQptZPowersportQ5fEverythingQ5fElse

I am thinking this could be the battery i need ....... Matt's drive with 3turn astro/ castle HV160/magura throttle ..... What do ya think ? I have no experience with the NEW chemistry's ..... even my R/C stuff was all Nicd / Nimh ..... I am told 7 day return/ 6 month warranty ... And I think I need a Speedict to sync with my HTC Aria. Any HELP with this decision would be appreciated.

For now, really hot rod bikes still need lipo. But these Allcell batteries look real good to me for the commuter bike needs.

What would you recommend dogman. Systems under 1000 watt for this battery?

Back