Frockfest

haha yeah $150 of Joe's $200 will get me there :p

BTW, I've selected my outfit for the race :mrgreen:

evel_knievel_costume.jpg

We run the course in CW direction. Not sure if that's how it's meant to be. Joe, you used to race on that track in the past - do you remember which direction it run? Were the corners named previously?

Most Australian circuits run clockwise because the spectator parking is on the outside of pit lane. Phillip Island and Eastern Creek are counter-clockwise. It just depends if someone gets spat off on a particular turn, will they run into traffic on a different turn?

I wondered about that.
My logical reasoning is it's best to start with two big straights, quickly separates the packs.

This is all looking super cool and will be a lot of fun for everyone

Count me in if my bike is working again by then

Calling you this arvo Joe! :p

Mick

I recommend clockwise with start at beginning of longest straightaway. . Diagonal opposite to t3sla layout. . Primarily cos that makes corner 1 the highest aproach speed and there is less Shit in the way compared to others (fences etc) on overshoot. Previous mini races were just me and a mate being hoons.. but we did go cw for em... seemed a more natural direction at the time. .
Joe

1. Endless Steer
2. Chalo's rimbrake deathberm
3. Straight-through shortcut (to number 7)
4. Rinehart's Cankle (check the shape)
5. "Frock-knob" (check the shape)
6. Tight passage
7. Rubberneck straight.

Samd said:
5. "Frock-knob" (check the shape)
6. Tight passage
LOL, I did make that knob association too :lol:
If we're going to go down this line why not make 6 'The arse crack' - which is another take/ verification of your tight passage. Alternatively 'the bung hole' seems fitting too.
The centre shape also kind of looks like a boot, in which case you could call 7 "the laces"
Other naming rights could go to racers who have a big stack or otherwise do something memorable at that spot - like Gambon corner on topgear.
The thought of commentary to such a race to a global audience is rather amusing.
I really need to get my quadcopter sorted - locking it in a hover about 10m up would capture the whole track and make for some great footage!

t3sla said:
Corner name game>?
2. Fat Tufties
1. Major Bender
7. The Shrubberies
6. Enduro Crossing
5. Frockin Tight
4. Mud Flats
3. Gravel Rations

Named while watching T3sla's Full Throttle's great POV video

(ordered the numbers of the bends in order of the CW circuit on the video)

nameofcorners.png

Names are bound to change after the race I reckon ;)

Also, what about the straights?

640px-Phillip_Island_Grand_Prix_Circuit.svg.png

mmerlin said:
Named while watching T3sla's great POV video

Full Throttles head just exploded :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback on track layout, yes CCW with the start line as joe stated seems like a better route.
Saying that we can judge after given it a few laps on a cleanupday

I'd call
6. The badlands

I really need to get my quadcopter sorted - locking it in a hover about 10m up would capture the whole track and make for some great footage!

Mother of god.

Cuts back to a white tent on the sidelines with a screen monitoring the event in real time.
Be great to get all the gps and CA data back after the race and then compile it :shock:

Be cool if someone live streamed the racing, interviews with riders etc...not difficult to set up
just need camera laptop and interwebs connection...im thinking the last might be the major issue
would need to be wireless obviously satellite net or ....

KiM

AussieJester said:
Be cool if someone live streamed the racing, interviews with riders etc...not difficult to set up
just need camera laptop and interwebs connection...im thinking the last might be the major issue
would need to be wireless obviously satellite net or ....

KiM

Was thinking the same, should be fine if it's in a decent 3G/4G zone.
Be impressed if there is much interest in a live stream, must be like 4 people keen on watching that live :D
Maybe we can have a kim Skype call :D and tour you around off the laptop like a telepresence.

Can do good video on my DSLR, but no external mic jack which sucks if it's windy.
Hope to get plenty of video and happy to sit out on stuff if it means ensuring it goes smoothly and is documented.

I asked for aa fluro high vis vest from work.
Was like hey I need to take care of some things and make it looks official where's the high vis gear?
*gets handed a vest*
Wait......*gets best snatched back*
Here is one without any logos
Eh, you know me well....

Should wear my Ausbike one for the lulz

Do any of you Melbourne guiys know where I can get a wheel respoked with a heavy duty rim ? I`d like to fix a bike up for my son to bring to the race .

First ever Electric Bike World Championship Hill Climb

Good on the Brits, but lets not get off topic here...

MELBOURNE is where it's at in Oz for the upcoming number one non-mainstream semi-underground slightly-dangerous pseudo-enduro inaugural ebike meetup... FROCKFEST.

I for one will be there with bells on.

Charge up, pump up, suit up and front up, with your fellow enthusiasts, the pioneering ebikers.

Bring your ebike along for a Frockin good time!!! :)

mmerlin said:
First ever Electric Bike World Championship Hill Climb

Good on the Brits, but lets not get off topic here...

It's pretty relevant to say the least.
Interested to see what the incline and distance is like and maybe some interesting bikes might be competing.

Hill climb is something that will most likely be added in the future, it's a great test.

Maybe a mt.dandenong motor cook off.

t3sla said:
Maybe a mt.dandenong motor cook off.
Heh, yep going up some long steep Mt Dandenong fire trails could cook a motor perhaps. I remember years ago riding some fire trails on non-ebike mountain bike, and all was fine going in one direction mostly downhill, and to complete the circuit and get back to where we'd parked the car it was impossibly steep to ride, just one long slow push up a loose dirt track. Funny how the old Melways map had the fire trails marked on there but we had no idea of elevation!

Back