• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

G360 availability

adcockj

10 mW
I installed a G310 along with a Grinfineon 20a and CA3 on my bike. Worked fine, ran great...until it didn't. Had the max current set to 20 amps (probably too much), and finally stripped the gears after 1150 miles. I wasn't rodding it...but I have a ride that's 13 miles each way, with about a 500ft elevation rise. With enough heat outside, and some headwinds on the ascent leg, I think it finally got fatigued enough that the gears went. I have a new set on order, but...

I was thinking about switching to either Grin's Shengyi SX2 or a Bafang G360. On the plus side for the SX2, it'll have the temperatures controlled with degrading the power when necessary (but, on the negative side, I'll have to buy the Baserunner controller for that). The G360 seems like a logical choice, with the same basic approach as the G310 only bigger.

However, I can't find a G360 anywhere except in Bafang's catalogue. Is there a reason for that? Are they that popular that nobody has them in stock? or does Bafang just provide them to "OEM"s? or do they not really work that well?

With the motor protection in Grin's SX2, it's probably the better way to go anyhow...just wondering what the deal is with the G360.

Back