GNG big block kit

ScooterMan101 said:
No or Not Enough Grease on a 2019 3000 watt cyclone ( GNG ) ?

Tolm , are you going to take the cover off and inspect yours ?

Please post pictures . Thanks

I will .. But later

TOLM said:
Got a response from gng. Wppwrently the 48-74v controller was. Intended for 60v batteries

Any one has a clue what is meant by " plug in the self learning wire"? Right now this wire is not used at all. ?

Thanks

Dear Pavel,

I see what happen. Just asked the controller factory and they have set the low voltage cut off to your controller and we would not have that in next batch.
The controller self detected the battery to be 60V, and thus set the low voltage cut off at 54.4V.

There is a way to solve this problem:
please find a 48V battery (or if you can discharge your current battery to be lower than 52V)
plug in the self learning wire again.
The motor will set the low voltage cut off base on 48V battery.
Unplug the self learning wire.
The controller will be able to use under 54.4V.

Sorry to thread necro, but this post was very helpful in solving my "random" shutoffs. I am running a 52V nominal system as well, and just ran it down to the false LVC (ended up closer to 52V for me, but I was babying it.. a charged 48V system should be at 54.6V anyhow, so I suspect under this voltage should detect as "48"), connected the learning wire to let it learn a 48V LVC, and all is good now. :thumb:

The self learning works like other controllers to detect hall arrangement/set motor direction, so if you have a reversed motor afterwards, disconnect and reconnect the learning wire and it will change directions.

Thanks everyone!

Back