Goped ESR high voltage cutoff

I don't know anything about the system, just found that post with a quick google search on the term from your post "Go-Prammer".

But I expect it is like almost every other system, having just programmable parameters inside the controller itself, likely just with specific memory locations, and the handheld unit is a complete programming module with the ability to handle it's own display output and button input, process the user input from menus, and output that as a specific-format datastream via serial to the controller. ****

If the person in that post from four years ago still has their GP you could see if they will work with you on sniffing the data stream between the two during each type of programming change, on various controllers of different models (so you can locate the model-specific info and figure out it's format), so that you can then create your own device or program to do the job.

**** the only controller I am familiar with that does not do things this way is Lebowski's brainchip, which uses a terminal program on a PC/etc to receive serial data from the controller to make an on screen "menu" and then send your responses serially back to the controller, so there is literally no software required at all--even an ancient dumb terminal could talk to it. ;)

There is no conspiracy. The controller is made in the USA and I own a Go-Prammer. They aren't fake.

The Go-Prammer is a subset adjustment tool of the US company that creates the DC brush controller used in the ESR. I would of liked for the Go-Prammer to also have the acceleration curve adjustment & the other features.
1686444207264.png

Lookup the CS1108 via that link and the PDF of their handheld programmer. Again GoPed is not doing anything strange as they are relying upon proven solution and adjusting to the USA requirements. You would not want to set the amps to 150 since it would melt parts/traces if that was even possible.

The Go Ped controller is more dependable than the crap off eBay or Allibaba. The knock-off 24v brush controllers will last half a trip around the block. Expensive, yes, but that's what extensive testing generates. Some of these scooters are running just fine 20+ years later as long as not exposed to water or salty air. The company could of used a conformal coating and I guess they did not think people would store the scooters outside in Michigan winters, etc.

Last edited:
Poking around some more it appears the AMI chip handles the motor control while the PIC does the battery charging. I think that is the case since the PIC places itself in reset by pulling up ground when the throttle button is pressed. (#8 signal below)

The power button also drives the Vreg enable via #3 which leads to #4 creating a ground signal for the 5V power by the circuitry involving a 5.6V zener diode (runs all the uC)

I know there are errors and omissions but uploading the updated "schematic" anyways.
IMG_2712.JPG

The schmitt trigger IC takes the analog output of the AMI chip and outputs cleaner PWM to the Mosfetts under the heatsink for motor control. It also accepts an input wave coming from the charger and cleans up the edges for input to the PIC during charging.

I think the Darlington Transistor array takes Vbatt or such since part of the power up control and handles most of the other functions regarding operating the motor. (via boosting the current issued by the uC commands)

Last edited:
Back