Got Pulled over today !!!

Ypedal

Staff member
Popped the cop cherry today ! :eek:

Going to work, on the 100v Norco, Cycle Lumenator on full bright daytime riding security !

I get to the traffic circle of death, very dangerous place on a bike, but i'm kinda used to it now, get behind a car and stay close to the bumper with fingers on the brake levers and a firm grip on the throttle to keep up..... or die.....

So i get behind this old ford pickup, stinker truck, puffing blue smoke, and i'm in the circle on the inside lane, i want to be on the outside as quickly as possible as i need to exit the circle and get onto the right lane towards work...

I look to my right and suddenly notice police flashing lights, he's parked on a dirt road checking cars passing by for cell phone users ( finally the law, no more talking on your cell phone while driving in NB ! ) .. by the time i figured out he wanted to get into the circle i was in front of his bumper so no way in hell am i stopping here, i have a car on my ass 3ft behind me, and nobody is stopping, and of course mr. officer is pissed at the lack of respect he's getting.....

Finally someone let him in and he put the siren on , passed everyone pedal to the floor, and stopped everyone, as i get near he points at me and yells " PULL OVER>> RIGHT HERE>> " .. ok.. no problem.. i pull over..

He's talking to the car in front, i'm 20 ft behind watching my ass to make sure nobody rear-ends the cop car and kills me in the process.... i switch off the power on the controller, remove my helmet, and wait patiently... left the lumenator on as a sign of being safety conscient.. :D

After telling the car in front to proceed, he walks over, tells me to go ahead and reminds me to " Yield to police officers when the lights are on !! " .. i pondered explaining myself and trying to justify why i kept going... but decided to play it safe and just say " Yes sir, i fully understand, i apologize, have a good day sir ! " .. and went on my way..

He was oblivious to me being powered.. thank god i was not on the RC bike lol...

Attitude Check = Pass.

wow got lucky, at first when i heard no one was letting the cop pull out i figured you were getting towed!! lol, glad you got off easy on this one.

Sounds like the cop failed the attitude test. He shouldn't expect people to see his lights when going round a CURVE, he needs to activate the siren in cases like that.

Oh wait he didn't even have his lights on, so he was just pissed about people treating him like any other driver!

Back