• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

GT i-drive 2.0 Build

ha ha yes Lipo fire! lets hope not! ha ha I think it might be tricky to spot you then ha ha It is pretty well hidden ha ha, ill show it tomorrow if nobody sees it keep an eye on the small vans!

I can't tell who it is, but someone looks like they're firing at you from the UPS truck on the left about 23 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdGqMKgAfE&feature=player_detailpage#t=21s

Knoxie, this is obviously very creative! I LOVE it! It looks like a scene from a 007 movie!

A

ha ha glad you like it guys! its a lot of fun if a little time consuming! ha ha, yeah the guy in the truck has a gun and is firing at Greg, Greg appears on one of the vehicles too! given you a big clue! ha ha you may need to freeze frame and blow it up! ha ha if anyone ever has the time and wants to go get the demo of after effects and have a play its so much fun, its quite tricky but you can pull off some neat little effects quite easily, I am still a newb total newb, just go search youtube for freddiew to see some amazing stuff, still you gotta start somewhere! he he, My old shark video has had over 240,000 hits so far so cant be too bad :p

Nice work on the jumps vid Greg, I like the color cast and the editing. You're not going to stop until you break it are you :p

Awesome work on the vfx Knoxie, very cool. I'm jealous :p
What are you using, premiere and after effects ? I used to know my way around premiere but it's been years now and I've totally forgotten it all. I should get back into it so I can make better videos. Although I don't know what I'd do other than what you've just done in Greg's video. haha. Aside from staging some deliberate swerving while riding and maybe using a prop gun to shoot back and baddies. Perhaps for my ghostrider short film if I ever get around to doing it.

very nice noxie, taking the riding to the extreme, but I must congratulate gcindc for not even flinching! talk about nerves of steel!

Potential spoiler, select below to read:

Is that him at 27 seconds knoxie, "walking" behind a black 4wd? too blurry to see the face, but the figure doesn't appear to be walking...

Hyena said:
Nice work on the jumps vid Greg, I like the color cast and the editing. You're not going to stop until you break it are you
Thanks. Color cast was done w/ the new Youtube editor. :p
Hyena said:
You're not going to stop until you break it are you
Nope, it, or something else... Just saw this and thought it an interesting benchmark. Nice to know stairs count for descending landing.. :lol:
[youtube]2W6PnM095S0[/youtube]

I don't know how this guy does it with only one wheel and no suspension... He must be missing some man-Parts!

[youtube]1uPznTbus3g[/youtube]

HI Jay

Well I used Adobe After effects for the main part, with the action essentials pack for the explosions and debris with the basic edit afterwards being done in Video Studio Pro X4 package which you use. Its a lot of fun playing about and there are some excellent tutorials on youtube to get you started, its a lot of fun but very addictive and some of the effects can take some time to master (not that I have Yet), its much harder doing the effects whilst the camera and the action is moving esp towards you as you need to track the motion in 3D space, I did this all by hand which took a while.

The great thing is you can add in anything you like so for your Ghost rider video you can simply track a gun in your hand when you need to, there is no need to go riding round with a BB gun, as over here you would most likely go to jail for that or get shot! I think in one of your videos you point your finger like a gun, just add a muzzle flash and a bit of smoke and you are good to go!

Those drops from the stairs are insane, I can do that of course...in After Effects :)

Knoxie

re broken speed switch: i took apart and examined the controller, but saw nothing amiss.

then i took apart the speed switch itself, which is pretty exposed to water. didn't see anything. but i decided to replace the speed switch for good, with the one from the family/comfort bike. and while removing it, i saw the carnage:
IMG_20110924_152551.jpg
the ordinary plastic twist nut (of the gopro mount) won't fit on the inside of the fork so used a small one...

Ha Ha thanks Greg!! you are too kind, loved the last few vids you posted, some interesting buildings round there and great to see a bent rider as well. Well it seems nobody spotted you Greg so here goes, its pretty hard to see this to be honest as there is a bit of a distraction going on! ha ha.

Here is Greg on the van, its a still from his very awesome storm video from over a year ago now! I did say it would be tough to spot! ha ha you can see it 15 seconds in.

Attachments

• greg on van.jpg
    greg on van.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,252
Your videos are an inspiration ~
Also makes me want to get out and ride - but it is pouring rain here in Vancouver o :(

valsislav said:
Also makes me want to get out and ride - but it is pouring rain here in Vancouver o :(
get out and ride... :D

i usually wear raingear but my wife commutes everyday by ebike and...:
[youtube]6CWl2L16Lu4[/youtube]

You should suggest that she wear her helmet a bit more level, it should cover most of your forehead.

How fast will the Bionx go? Was she interested in ebikes from the start or did you need to show her the light? (I'm trying to convince my gf to try my bike, but she isn't too interested. I think one run up the hill on her street and she will be converted. She likes to bike short distances, but said it's too hot here in Austin to bike to work.

She has the right attitude for the Pacific Northwest!
OK - I'm getting out my raingear. There's no stopping me.

hey nice angle there greg, spotted scooter guy right there at the end too, your forks work hard considering you aint even off road :p

veloman said:
You should suggest that she wear her helmet a bit more level, it should cover most of your forehead.
you're right, good call. she takes terrible care of her stuff. the plastic top is off that helmet. sometimes she lays the bike down on it's side. :roll: sometimes she rides in regen all the way to work cause the ebrake cable got pulled too far from the magnet... :lol:

How fast will the Bionx go?
oh it's a speed demon alright. her 24V system will do about 15mph.

Was she interested in ebikes from the start or did you need to show her the light?
we both used to commute by bike w/ one kid behind in child seat, but the long hill was too much of a drag for her, and i found myself getting home first and driving to pick her up, so i started thinking about how to put a motor on her bike for a birthday present... not wanting to get something underpowered, i got a 48V gm + ping, but it was waaay too heavy for her, so i kept it :twisted: and got her the bionX...

knoxie said:
some interesting buildings round there and great to see a bent rider as well.
here's another, and guess who i ran into on the way home again? this bent rider is ES member dbaker! he's got more builds than you can shake a stick at but is playing w/ bents lately... very nice for that trail.
[youtube]sj_c-TjOZoM[/youtube]

Well it seems nobody spotted you Greg so here goes
That's wild, knoxie! I gotta play with that sometime... I can't imagine how you do overlays with all that motion..

Hi Greg

Hey super cool new video with some pretty sombre music as well, nice to see Dbaker out there too, love bents they are so fast you only need a motor for the hills on those things as on the flat you can fly along.

There are a lot of tutorials for after effects on the tube, there is a guy called Andrew Kramer just search for videocopilot on youtube, he is great and very funny too! ha ha he has some super tutorials on after effects. You can get a trial copy of after effects off the adobe website, its a very expensive program to buy though, there are other ways of obtaining the software obviously but I wouldnt encourage that ;)

I snapped the top of the frame on my Raleigh bike a few days back! seems all those batteries on the seatpost combined with my weight and speed was too much for the frame, steel frame a well, my works are going to braise it all up for me, so today I took the X5 bike out, thats so sweet and smooth compared to the raleigh, the suspension seatpost it as plush as feathers! however it cost more than some people pay for their bikes :lol:

We are experiencing a beautiful indian summer this week here in the UK, so nice!! 26 deg and blazing sunshine :) normally this time of year its 8 deg and raining! good old global warming, new it was good for something :wink:

thanks, knox. here's the mount i was using, fyi:
jfk_from_gtown.jpg
which by comparison shows how wide angle the gorpo is:
jfk_from_gtown_goproview.jpg

knoxie said:
I snapped the top of the frame on my Raleigh bike a few days back!
No pictures? WTF? :mrgreen:

Such failures scare the crap out of me! Part of the reason I'm hunting for beefy new DH frame. I've started worrying about the strength of my thin front axle compared to those big DH ones.. :roll:
the crank on my brother's new bike snapped off at the end of his 40k ride in the nations triathalon so he endoed and slid along the pavement for a while. that afternoon, he took it to the bike shop where he bought it and a week later was told the mechanic who built it no longer works there..
bro_post-race.jpg
the psychopath ran the 10k part afterwards after a quick cleanup and was 22nd in his age group.. :lol:

knoxie said:
some pretty sombre music as well
yeah, but it's an opera house, so what the hell... i wasn't going to put any but the normal clicking and grinding noise otherwise is off-putting.

ps. at the end, the '@hole' bit is an inside joke, from whenhe used get yelled atwhen passing lyrcas on his 24s 18 fet beast... :twisted:

from this past april:
dbaker said:
GCinDC said:
...How's the trail been? Any more cyclists with sand in their vaginas?
I got yelled at again by the same old lycra the other morning :(

and in 3/10 when he was trapped.

quick clip of a nice cutoff this morning:
[youtube]8wDCIWlAOv8[/youtube]
too bad the camera wasn't on the other side. he had no idea i was there. why would i be? i'm a bicycle... :lol:

i completely anticipated it so was able to get out of his way... i wiggled my 900 lumen light in his mirror before passing... :wink:

ps. the morning's are getting dark!

Back