• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

hall wire colors for xlyte

Speedfreke

100 W
Hello, I need help connecting my old 408 xlyte hub to my new xlyte 36-72v 35amp controller. The motor has the older 5 pin plastic connector and the controller has 5 pin mini xlr connector. I have not yet stripped the wires to look at the colors but if the colors are the same it's not a problem as long as xlyte has not changed the color scheme. I also am not sure whether to go with mini xlr both sides or plastic connector both sides. I also need help with the power wires. The motor has the older trailer hitch 3 pin type and the controller has triple mini andersons.

hey freke,
the thread is under e-bike technical
and it is called known to work brushless motor controller wire diagrams ( matches controllers to motors, I think you will find all the info you need there. Here is a link also

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6241

Hope that helps

thanx ianmcnally2 but my motor/controller not listed there.
Rephasing my question : Does xlyte keep the same color scheme for older 408 motors and the analogue 36-72v 35amp controller? In particular I'm referring to the motor and hall effects wires.

Speedfreke said:
thanx ianmcnally2 but my motor/controller not listed there.
Rephasing my question : Does xlyte keep the same color scheme for older 408 motors and the analogue 36-72v 35amp controller? In particular I'm referring to the motor and hall effects wires.

yes they do. they have never changed their color scheme. yellow to yellow, green to green, etc. it is one of the things you could count on with crystalyte.

rick

now is there possibly another place you would like to ask this same question?

this is what I have for my 406/409 C lyte motor and the pedal first c lyte controller from justin
CLYTE pedal first CONTROLLER FROM JUSTIN E Bikes .ca

Motor

Motor BLUE to ---cont GREEN

motor YELLOW--cont Blue

Motor RED -- cont yellow

but from another member who had I believe a Clyte with halls- try this one first
Controller yellow to motor red

Controller green to motor yellow

Controller blue to motor blue

The halls are black to black red to red then the same sequence as the motor phase wires. Thre is a diagram
like a table that knuckles lists to figure it out quickly. I did it by trial and error WRITING EACH SEQUENCE down and using a
low amp fuse so as not to blow up anything ( probably overkill) .
Good luck

Ianmcnally, thanx for replying and being patient. Sometimes a rare virtue around here.
Rick is adamant about the color to color scheme for xlyte. I think maybe you have different colors because of the dual phase motor. You have a careful way of doing things, I wouldn't call it overkill . When I hooked up my first bike there was this loud explosion. Luckily nothing was damaged. I corrected my stupid mistake and all went well. Since the colors match on the motor and controller I'm going to join color to color but say a long prayer before final hookup. If you hear anything new let me know. freke

all of the motors i have had from crystalyte all had Yellow - Green -Blue phase wires. they never had anything different. and i have gone through quite a few of them. the only exception i had was not a motor but a controller with the trailer connectors for the phase wires. and that one controller used yellow-white-green wires. many of these were dual-mode motors because i liked them better than the single mode motors.

Wilderness energy on the other hand used to have some early motors that reputedly were built by Crystalyte. these used trailer connectors with the yellow-white green wires.

but these are the only color combinations i am aware of.

rick

Back