Heavy resistance bbs02

Mbuch

1 µW
Hi there!

I need some advice on Bafang bbs02. This is my 2. motor after my bike got stolen. When i mounted the motor on my bike, i realized that there is quite heavy resistance when pedaling forward. I did not notice this on my previous bike with bbs02.
The chain is not mounted yet.

Also, I cannot feel the clutch when i start to pedal. Resistance is the same when electricity is turned on.

Please see the video and let me know if this is normal :)
Thank you for reading, hope you can help!

https://youtu.be/QJii9yd4WVI

With both arms mounted, plus pedals, so that the crank is balanced. Mine will spin for a few seconds with no chain attached. Your bbs02 looks pretty stiff. It's not rubbing against the frame or the retaining nut?

it's not, open it up and grease the shit out of it. If it' still having that issue, ask for a new motor.

Bumping this thread. I just received my BBS02 from Luna and it's exhibiting the exact same "issue" demonstrated in the OP.

Brand new motor, literally just took it out of the box and there is a surprising amount of effort required to turn the axle/cranks.

Maybe I didn't research this conversion enough, but is an e-bike without power completely horrible to ride? I had assumed it would ride more or less like a normal bike but just with more weight...

Back