New Eggrider...lost speed and battery voltage dropping in seconds

unclejemima

100 W
Well I'm having a string of bad luck that I can't figure out. I've got an older BBS02 and a battery that is about 2 years old.
Got an eggrider...installed it and had a offroad and road profile set up at 18amps and 10amps respectively. Everything was working great last week.

This weekend I went to go for a ride and the eggrider turned on just fine...but there was no speed reading on my odo...no speed error either. My battery voltage was around 50v (on a 13S battery) at the time. Throttle on mine doesn't work until it has a speed reading so I could not use the throttle either. I just pedaled around the block with the power shut off.

I checked the wiring to the harness when I got back...unplugged and plugged the speed sensor back in, verified the magnet position was good...as well as installing a NEW speed sensor (I had a spare) and even a new magnet...nothing!

And then I swapped on my old bafang display and the battery just to see...also no speed reading.

So after putting the egg rider back on I noticed it was showing the voltage at 39...when it was at 50v just a few moments before! I was confused so I put the battery on the charger. And only 2 hours later it was full charged what seemed oddly quick...put the battery back on the bike and the battery started making an odd clicking noise from inside the battery and the voltage was dropping on the eggrider display almost 1 amp every second the display was on.

So now instead of trying to sort out the no-speed reading issue...my battery voltage drops like a brick as soon as I power on my display!

Help! I have no clue where to start looking. Is this possibly a BMS issue in the battery or did something in the BBS02 controller crap out?

Any advice would be appreciated how I can start to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Hi guys. Ok. Best I can figure is my BBS02 controller is fried. The battery when plugged in is showing the crazy low voltage and voltage dropping by the second through the display...but when I test the battery voltage with my meter I'm getting 54.5v.

Is it then possible that with a fried controller with something blown inside that it would give the crazy voltage readings?

Then the non speed reading could also be tied back to the damaged controller.

Am I on the right track...or is there anything else I can test?

Back