HELP: 72v Controller Wire Questions

dragon

1 W
Hi everyone,

Just trying to decipher & translate some of the current connectors between my controller & bike wiring.
I used google translate but can anyone shed some light on the following connectors?
What could the handlebar signal wire be?
IMG_4564.PNGBRKwire.jpgBRK2wire.jpg
Google translate says both sets of BRK wire are High Brake. The single wire BRK is connected but the 2-wire BRK is not connected. As far as I can tell regenerative braking isn't active b/c when I let go of the throttle with the rear end on a stand, the tire takes a while to stop spinning.

What kind of controller is it?
Handlebar signal could possibly be several things, but not sure what. Does this controller have a display? That would be my first guess.

It's an unbranded, generic controller. Hall, Throttle, Ignition, 3-speed, Reverse, Alarm & Alarm power connectors weren't too difficult to figure out.
There is a display & there is also a wire labeled TFTDS which I think is linked to the display.
controller.jpg

I see. You're probably right.

You could turn the controller on and measure the voltage on the Hbs wire. If it measures 5v, you could try grounding it and see what happens. This may be for a handlebar mounted kill switch.

Thank you fechter for your help & sorry for wasting everyone's time who read this. This was one of my dumb moments, turns out the handlebar signal connector is actually the throttle control. I thought I had already labeled it in the spring. I guess this controller also uses the high brake connector as indicated right on the controller label.🤦‍♂️

OK, glad you sorted it out. I've been fooled by the factory labels enough times myself. Many of them don't even have labels.

It's an unbranded, generic controller. Hall, Throttle, Ignition, 3-speed, Reverse, Alarm & Alarm power connectors weren't too difficult to figure out.
There is a display & there is also a wire labeled TFTDS which I think is linked to the display.
View attachment 330408
Is this the controller in your Gio Demon (Daymak EM2/Emmo Zone)?

Yes, it is.
Good to know, thanks. This must be the newer controller they're using now as I talked to a Daymak rep the other day and they changed controllers in mid 2022. Did you get your Gio Demon ebike around that time or after?

Think these newer ones don't have the ability to connect via bluetooth to the controller to change parameters like the older one but this newer one gives a slightly higher top speed it seems.

Good to know, thanks. This must be the newer controller they're using now as I talked to a Daymak rep the other day and they changed controllers in mid 2022. Did you get your Gio Demon ebike around that time or after?

Think these newer ones don't have the ability to connect via bluetooth to the controller to change parameters like the older one but this newer one gives a slightly higher top speed it seems.
I purchased the bike in May, 2022. but I think it was on the showroom floor for a while. AFAIK, the Gio Demon ones were never bluetooth-capable. Maybe the 45a rating is higher than the newer controllers Daymak is using. I've heard either/both Tao & Emmo brand bikes were shipping with lower amperage controllers from 2022 so those bikes had lower top speeds than 2020 models.

Back