Help with 2wd please, front motor shudders

senlin

1 W
I have been working on this bike for many months. I have finally got it going- sort of. I have 2 grinfineon 7240 controllers, Cycle analyst 3-WP, and the CA3-WP Dual Controller Splitter to connect to the controllers. The throttle and ebrakes connect to the CA-3. I have built a powerful 70v LTO battery pack, it can easily handle the 2x40= 80amps. I have set the shunt value to half as intructed.

Here's the problem, both motors work great independently, however when they are both connected to the CA3 the front one always shudders badly, and the controller starts flashing, indicating sensorless mode. If I only connect to the front motor and pull out other splitter cable to the rear motor controller, I can ride fine fwd only. I can do the opposite and ride rwd only. Just can't get the 2wd, always the front hub motor that shudders, even if I switch the splitter cable around the other way?

Its giving me the shits and I'm going insane, I bought the ca3 and WP splitter to make the 2wd wiring easy. I'm waiting for GRIN to get back to me. In the meantime I'm hoping someone can help. It's actually surprisingly powerful with 1 motor, can't wait to feel the full power from both motors. I've fiddled heaps with the CA3 setting but nothing so far stops the problem, I've read hours of post on ES. Really hoping someone can help.
20210629_104231.jpg

by senlin » Jul 13 2021 4:53pm

Solved!!!!

Automobiles at one time grounded thru the frame and body. Electricity will find the shortest path. Crazy things used to happened, like your bike. They started running grounds to everything and isolate components from body/frame contact.

It was a guess and I'm happy for you. I'm wanting to run an awd, so I learned something too.

Back