Help with kelly controller

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi all,

I'm good with infineon, but I received one kelly KDS brushed 48v 50A and I didn't succeed to make it work, I have only 0.2v on the throttle wires, I think my problem is on/off wires.

Where do I plug the on/off switch key? wires 9 & 4 ? I tried this without result. Or maybe there is something else to do ?
EDIT : Finally I think on/off swith have to be plugged to pins 5 & 8 to activate the trottle, no?

I don't understand what is "Contactor coil driver" and "Micro_SW"

Best regards !

Whitehawk said:
Hi all,

I'm good with infineon, but I received one kelly KDS brushed 48v 50A and I didn't succeed to make it work, I have only 0.2v on the throttle wires, I think my problem is on/off wires.

Where do I plug the on/off switch key? wires 9 & 4 ? I tried this without result. Or maybe there is something else to do ?
EDIT : Finally I think on/off swith have to be plugged to pins 5 & 8 to activate the trottle, no?

I don't understand what is "Contactor coil driver" and "Micro_SW"

Contactor coil driver is the power supply in the controller which turns on the main (precharge) contactor. Micro_SWitch is the switch on the typical throttle pot assembly, aka PB-6. See the manual, page 10, http://kellycontroller.com/mot/downloads/KellyKDSUserManual.pdf

Hi major, thanks for reply :)

Here the schema of my wiring for the moment, I'm lost with the original schema with main contactor/diode.

Can I plug directly the battery + to the key switch, or don't use key switch and plug directly the battery + to PWR and Micro_SW ? The PWR and Micro_SW must be connected to the battery + ??

Thanks a lot ..

Whitehawk said:
Hi major, thanks for reply :)

Here the schema of my wiring for the moment, I'm lost with the original schema with main contactor/diode.

Can I plug directly the battery + to the key switch, or don't use key switch and plug directly the battery + to PWR and Micro_SW ? The PWR and Micro_SW must be connected to the battery + ??

Thanks a lot ..

I have wired similar controllers but never a Kelly. My take is to leave the pin(4) Green disconnected if you do not use a contactor. The Micro_SW is a switch which connects pin(5) White to pin(10) Black to enable the system when the throttle is depressed.

Without a contactor and precharge resistor you will see an arc when connecting the battery to the controller. And the diode on the contactor coil is just a free-wheeling diode to lessen the buck voltage surge when the coil is shut off. Without a contactor it is not needed.

Ok, but what about the pin9, connected to the battery + or not? because without for the moment, I have an arc when connecting the battery but the throttle is like dead :oops:

Whitehawk said:
Ok, but what about the pin9, connected to the battery + or not? because without for the moment, I have an arc when connecting the battery but the throttle is like dead :oops:

Yes, from the diagram it appears that pin9 needs to be connected to battery positive, usually done through the keyswitch.

Back