Help with wiring- for masters ^^

alonstar

10 mW
Hey! so i have this controller :C1EA0636-AB98-4303-A738-B9AC685ACDAD.png

MOTOR AND BATTERY are connected already.

i have this throttle and display.
Throttle: GREEN , RED , BLACK
Display: GREEN, RED, BLACK, BLUE, YELLOWimage.jpg

when i connect THROTTLE to CONTROLLER, motor isnt runnning :(
Thought maybe its cause the controller needs a display, but i only managed to connect the RED and BLACK of Display to Controller.
anyone knows why its not running? and how to connect the display properly?

Motor+battery+throttle is fine checked, controller is brand new so i dont know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
If it didn't come with the display, it probably cant' work with it. There's no display connector in your drawing, so it's unlikely to be able to use one. Depending on what wires from the controller you connected to what wires on the display, you may have damaged the display or the controller. Hopefully not, but it has happened to people connecting things like this.

Most likely the Lock and Power lines have to be connected together to turn it on.

Throttle probably goes red to red, white to green, black to black. No guarantees but it's common.

Since the controller has a PAS plug, it could be one that requires the PAS to be connected and operating for the throttle to do anyting (some controllers are pedal-first).

If the battery is not the correct voltage for the controller (which is labelled as 36v), it may not operate.

A link to the page the controller was bought from may help us help you figure it out.

Just curious: how were the M B T tested?

hey thanks for your reply.
i have used a second a different controller to test the M B T and motor was running.
i will try to connect the lock and power lines, although im not sure exactly how.
you helped me a lot!
hope theres no need for pas

There is also a wire(s) that tells the controller that ebrakes are being applied, so the controller should stop sending power to the motor.

That's a common source of "mismatched controller doesn't start"

h
There is also a wire(s) that tells the controller that ebrakes are being applied, so the controller should stop sending power to the motor.

That's a common source of "mismatched controller doesn't start"
hey thank you for your reply!
do you know how to disable the e brakes wires?

Hey! so i have this controller :View attachment 331390

MOTOR AND BATTERY are connected already.

i have this throttle and display.
Throttle: GREEN , RED , BLACK
Display: GREEN, RED, BLACK, BLUE, YELLOWView attachment 331392

when i connect THROTTLE to CONTROLLER, motor isnt runnning :(
Thought maybe its cause the controller needs a display, but i only managed to connect the RED and BLACK of Display to Controller.
anyone knows why its not running? and how to connect the display properly?

did you run the self learning routine already?

no. what does it mean?
The controller phase and hall sensor wiring needs to match the motor for it to run properly. This can't be done reliably by matching wire colors, since there's no standardization. For some controllers, this is manual process of trying different combos. With a self-learning controller, it does that calibration/matching automatically.

The general steps to get your motor running are to connect the motor wires (motor line (1) and hall line (3) in the photo). Connect the battery, (11) in your photo. Connect the throttle too, in order to test the setup when you are done. Connect the self-learning line (6) connectors together. With the wheel off the ground, connect the lock power line (2) and the wheel should start to spin. If it spins the wrong way, unplug the learning wires then plug them back in, and the motor should reverse. When the motor is spinning the right direction, turn off the controller (disconnect the lock power line), and disconnect the learning wires.

After that, turn the controller back on and try the throttle. Note that throttle wiring can also be mismatched, but at least you know once the halls and phases are calibrated and the motor is spinning the right direction, you can narrow any other troubleshooting since you'll know the motor and controller can successfully work together.

You could also search YouTube on self learning controllers and probably find a tutorial.

The controller phase and hall sensor wiring needs to match the motor for it to run properly. This can't be done reliably by matching wire colors, since there's no standardization. For some controllers, this is manual process of trying different combos. With a self-learning controller, it does that calibration/matching automatically.

The general steps to get your motor running are to connect the motor wires (motor line (1) and hall line (3) in the photo). Connect the battery, (11) in your photo. Connect the throttle too, in order to test the setup when you are done. Connect the self-learning line (6) connectors together. With the wheel off the ground, connect the lock power line (2) and the wheel should start to spin. If it spins the wrong way, unplug the learning wires then plug them back in, and the motor should reverse. When the motor is spinning the right direction, turn off the controller (disconnect the lock power line), and disconnect the learning wires.

After that, turn the controller back on and try the throttle. Note that throttle wiring can also be mismatched, but at least you know once the halls and phases are calibrated and the motor is spinning the right direction, you can narrow any other troubleshooting since you'll know the motor and controller can successfully work together.

You could also search YouTube on self learning controllers and probably find a tutorial.
thank you so much for this kind explanation!
i will try it step by step. i will let you know if everything went fine. i have a good feeling this time :)

Back