Hi-power cycles Anyone have experience with them

richirich1113 said:
Blackarrow,

I did not say that I do not remember how much I paid. I know what I paid. What imp saying is " I'm not going to do someone's work for them".
Well I'm still suspecting you to work for them more then ever before, just my point of view.

richirich1113 said:
Regardless of what anything costs, its customer service and warranty service that is the bottom line and i have been more than satisfied with it. Warranty is the biggest factor for me. .

Yes me too, I have deal with Cellman for a MAC gear motor and controller and will do business again with him, nice product behind is product, good warranty and prompt to help me and all of this at low cost.

richirich1113 said:
There are too many complaints on here about china vendors or even group buys that the product is bad and the purchaser is just stuck with it after waiting possibly months for it... That would Fricke piss me off to no end. .

Again me too I will not participate to any groups buys until it was made by a guru here, my point of view

richirich1113 said:
And its been pointed out, that really , who else is going to be able to build bikes like theirs and warranty it for less than what they ask? .

Probably an obscure vendor in China who built ebikes for HPC "under" their brand name, you don't believe that those ebikes are built in USA no ?

richirich1113 said:
Blackarrow, I understand that a member here who has the knowledge and want to build his own can of course do it cheaper, I'm not arguing that. .
excellent, thank you.

richirich1113 said:
If a person does not know how or just does not want to, and wants to buy from a company that will provide excellent customer service and warranty claims then HPC is a good choice.

The purpose of this forum is to help a newbie to build is own ebike even if he didn't have the knowledge to do it. You forget this very too often when you are so proud to defend HPC's. The HPC's warranty and good services cost too much money for a newbie and that's my point of view from my first post.

Good day!
Black Arrow

I get that you think there prices are high, you do have the option to not buy from them.

IT all sounds so easy, I do not know why you are not starting your own company building bikes and put them out of business, since you dont like them so much.

It should be as easy as 123 for the masteres, right?

richirich1113 said:
I get that you think there prices are high, you do have the option to not buy from them.?

Yes and i like to have choice and testing things by my own

richirich1113 said:
IT all sounds so easy, I do not know why you are not starting your own company building bikes
I don't care about them and i have no time to hate them.

richirich1113 said:
It should be as easy as 123 for the masteres, right

Fixing or building an ebike is not an easy task and sending a controller or motor to a dealer for repair (travelling time) is a waste of time if you can fix it by your own, that's also my point vue.

Black Arrow

Ypedal,

This an overated horse from HPC ? because it already explain why is dead :lol: :lol:

Good day!
Black Arrow

I agree w/ Ypedal. I have been completely 100% satisfied with the bike, customer service, warranty, price, etc. Seems to be the recurring theme- Everyone who owns one is happy and satisfied, and those who don't are the loud mouths...

Ypedal,
Your right, this just keeps going around in circles. As pointed out by other non-noob members, both sides have valid points. Let's just leave it at that

Blackarrow,
If insults make you feel good, fine, whaterever gets you through the night. HUH

richirich1113 said:
IT all sounds so easy, I do not know why you are not starting your own company building bikes and put them out of business, since you dont like them so much.

I would, but i'm not here to make money. I'm interested in getting more people on eBikes because i believe they are a great replacement for a car in a lot of conditions and that helps our environment. That involves pointing them in the direction of a quality solution that fits their budget ( most people are turned off by the price of the eBike and don't see it's value ).

I've thought about opening a shop though.
I'd never sell an electric bike that goes over 20mph though. That's asking for liability problems.

richirich1113 said:
Blackarrow,
If insults make you feel good, fine, whaterever gets you through the night. HUH

Insult because i have said that your working for them ? :lol: :lol: for me it's just a fact not an insult sorry Rich don't worry.

Black Arrow

BlackArrow said:
Ypedal,

This an overated horse from HPC ? because it already explain why is dead :lol: :lol:

Good day!
Black Arrow

No, its this.Have you burnt one of their motors? So really , your just sitting behind a desk having fantasies. I personally dont care if you think im working for them or not.

I own 2 bikes from high power cycles, The HT-1 1500 watt thunderbolt and the ht-3 2500watt thunderbolt and these bikes are high quality in electric parts and bike components,

The prices are not that bad considering when dealing with electric parts you get what you pay for and for high power cycles thats top quality.
The motors are very powerful and very quiet. As technology progresses so does their batteries which are now even lighter and have 25% more range

They have great customer service and there bikes are all under warranty
The coolest thing about their bikes is that when riding out on the street other bicyclists or cars dont even know your riding an electric bike and they are blown away when you speed past them

The funnest bike you will ever ride on and off the road
Very Powerful

Attachments

• ebikes.jpg
    ebikes.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 1,818
Sounds like a paid spruik rather than an honest review to me...

Soooo...it's your first post and you state that 2500W is the...how did you put it?

The funnest bike you will ever ride on and off the road, Very Powerful

2500W is good...don't get me wrong. I want half of North America riding 2500W regularly. That would make the world a better place, but...

Itchynackers won his class of the Pikes-Peak race using 111V...Here's an article I wrote about non-hub bikes recently: http://www.electricbike.com/diy-mid-drive/

I thought HPC stood for High Priced Cycles. As long as they provide good service after the sale, then more power too them I guess, though that post did seem like a shill.

Hi, yes, they are within a couple of miles of my house. I discovered them by accident. I bought a LifeP04 battery from a fellow site member that was giving mea problem. They make some amazing electric mountain bikes. I met a couple ofbike owners at the shop and they had nothing but praises for the bikes they purchased. Derek who I believe is the owner was kind enough to help me test the battery I bought online and troubleshoot my homemade e-bike. Most places will not work on junk like mine. . I was very thankful believe me. I am saving to buy one of his bikes. Seems like a very honorable person. Liked his style. Has quality products.

they use crystalyte motors and controllers. I have one of there black lightning motors and it rocks! I have nothing but praises for there quality.

It seems they initially got a bad reputation from the get go by how they advertised their numbers and pricing from some of the DIY community.

Their bikes are basically kits that have been installed cleanly on bikes with a nice custom battery bag.

If you're the type of person who equates time with money, then the pricing can make sense.

They tend to sell a bike that is pushed fairly far into the range of what the motors can stand. Just like we diy'ers often do. Personally, I just thought they should be letting customers know they aren't getting a high wattage motor so much as a motor being given high wattage.

Mabye they do that nowdays. I just tend to slam retail hype in general. They know what they are doing, and don't build their bikes from crappy components. They are good bikes, if perhaps marketed with some extra hype, well get used to that. Retail hype isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Buy one, but ride it relatively conservatively ( not pulling 3000w for more that short bursts), and you will likely be very happy. Just don't expect it to climb a wall all day. Gotta let those motors cool when they need it if you are riding in the mountains.

New to ebikes and reside in socal. Anyone have experience with the subject company. Apparently they have a mid-drive mountain bike with BBS02 for $2100 or so. Almost too good to be true.

One of the features of the BBS02 is that it is fairly easy for the average bicyclist to install themselves. em3ev.com has the BBS02 for $900 with a 46V / 7.6-Ah battery (other voltages and Ah sizes available for an extra charge). That would leave you $1200 for a suitable bicycle, but of course you would have to install the kit...

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=187

If Hi Power Cycles (HPC) is close to you, it might be worth getting the complete bike and kit from them to have the customer support if an issue arises. I believe that HPC's reputation has improved recently, but in their early years they made some exaggerated performance claims, leading to some customer disappointments. They started out by adding a Crystalyte H35xx motor to a mountain bike, which is not bad, and is actually quite popular around here, but...it created a certain amount of distrust when they claimed it was capable of more power that it actually was.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=bafang+bbs02&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20140725084426

If you are going to get the HPC 52v mid drive. Make sure they have the newer bbs-02's that can handle the higher current.

Thanks for the responses; gives me something to think about. HiPower is about 60 miles away from me; close enough to pick up a bike initially, but not for "normal" considerations.

Back