Hi-power cycles Anyone have experience with them

I've been poring over their website and I may give these guys a chance. I like the quality of their components and the power of their motors. Been kind of drooling over a high speed Mtn. Bike, but don't really have the time to mess with a DIY install right now. I've got some emails out to them and we'll see how it goes.

I recently picked up one of the HPC Typhoons and they have been terrific. Had an issue with my controller about a month or two after purchase and they sorted me out in about 3 minutes no questions asked. Talk about the drool factor, the was checking out the 2017 Revolution, oh my goodness that thing is sexy. They made a mid drive and hub drive version, I may need another Ebike in my stable soon!

In July I bought an HPC Thunderbolt 2000w conversion kit from HPC. It was expensive, but I did it because I wanted a "turn-key" kit due to my lack of DIY experience in the bike realm. I received a well packaged kit consisting of nice components. The kit shipped quickly. After receiving it, I was able to quickly install it on my bike and was soon riding all over the place. Follow up questions to HPC by phone and email have been friendly and effective.

If I were to spend the same amount of money again, I would likely do it a bit differently, but that's because I've learned a lot more about ebikes since this began. If someone wants a plug and play bike conversion with PLENTY of power for a first timer, HPC did a great job and their product performs as advertised. Just my 2 cents.

Ottodog said:
I've been poring over their website and I may give these guys a chance. I like the quality of their components and the power of their motors. Been kind of drooling over a high speed Mtn. Bike, but don't really have the time to mess with a DIY install right now. I've got some emails out to them and we'll see how it goes.

I ended up buying a 5000 watt turn key bike from them since I posted previously. This is my second Summer riding it and it's been great.

I always see the guys from HPC at interbike every year. They are a really nice bunch of guys and i always have a good chat with them. It is good to see young guys like that (few years younger than me :) ), that know their stuff snd actually build stuff, even in the USA.
They've been at this for years now and have grown from strength to strength over the years. I say good luck to them, they have done well.

I have to update my thoughts again on the HPC guy,s since earlier this week when they swapped out my controller. I installed the new controller they gave me, rode about 5 miles and it went out again. So I took the bike to them to see what was going on. They deduced that a couple of the screws came loose from the motor sprocket and chewed through the main wires coming off the motor. Granted this was not their fault and they again, no questions asked, installed a 3rd new controller, rewired the motor and threw it all back together. I even expected some push back going in for controller #3. I dropped it off yesterday morning and it's back in my garage repaired today, Tuesday afternoon. I don't know what more you could ask for so I just wanted to give them credit, they obviously deserve it. I can't imagine a company doing more!

I bought a Battery from them the 52v with charger the charger failed after a few months I sent it in upgraded to a fast charger for $60 bucks , then I bought a geared BMC hub motor with speed controller . The BMC sit in my living room for 3 months until I installed it and it was dead nothing wouldn't work sent it back HP fixed it sent it back to me less than 100mi it stopped back to HP get it back again it doesn't work made a video sent it to Chris . After all this its now a yr later so I sent it back agene I was pissed HP Chris wasn't happy BUT this is what Chris at HP did he sent me a brandnew DD the latest sriker hub with the new controller in my choice of wheel build !! free as a replacement for my BMC and they will answer ther phone !! Hi power cycles did the right thing replacing a kit that was way out of warranty .

Hi Power Cycles has been selling a lot of high power shit to the public for many years and have been held back from the good old boys club right here on ES.

It's starting to come clearer and clearer. The same group of guys who bitch about HPC bitch about other big players in the high speed USA market.

Certain ES guys are too smart to give into the bullshit and it's tearing this place apart. A lot of good people are leaving.

My very first fast ebike was bought from High Power Cycles. A KHS with a BMC I bought 6 years ago. 40mph bike about 40 pounds. Who offers that?

They have never been given credit here.

Ask yourself why?

Because the most powerful people on this group are vendors including the owner of this group who has very strong words to say behind the scenes via email although he doesn't seem to care enough to post here to the public.

High Power Cycles is doing it. They are stepping up to the plate and offering high power products to the public. So why aren't they offered more support?

Why is Luna hated here by a few of the new ES elite... why is Sondors hated?

Its too obvious what is going on here.

I've had one of their more powerful bikes for a couple of years now. You can see my posts on it around here somewhere. It's had some problems but once we got the kinks ironed out, I've enjoyed owning it and riding it. High powered Electric Bikes are complicated and problematic by their very nature, but I've always felt like the HPC guys are trying very hard to be a good company with good customer service.

mr.electric said:
Hi Power Cycles has been selling a lot of high power shit to the public for many years....... snip...

Its too obvious what is going on here.

HPC was given crap when they first started because of their marketing tactics being of the dishonest salesman type..

Luna is nuts.. don't even go there....

Sondors, turned out ok, but were headed down a mirrored path of failure that we saw countless times before...

Obvious?.. no. .. only if you look at it from a limited perspective. :wink:

W, have you had trouble with your kit; last year you said it worked as described. Also just to be fair, Luna as well as Ypedal, have provided superb products to me.

mr. electric, I think you may be on to something about your vendor theory. very interesting.

2old said:
W, have you had trouble with your kit; last year you said it worked as described. Also just to be fair, Luna as well as Ypedal, have provided superb products to me.

Haven't had any problems with it. Out of the box it was running at 45 amps and pulls like a mule. Coming up on 1600 miles now and all's well.

I bought from them a couple times. Nice quality Products. Overpriced but good anyway. I must agree with ypedal. Their advertising used to be just wrong. "The best out in market. Period" after 10 minutes of google surfing I found many other choices. Seems they have improved marketing and customer service support and that's a lot.

Great guys, bought a Revolution frame from them a while back. Wasn't settled with something, they sent me a new frame, took care of all shipping. Also, I had the original carbon panels, I only hinted they weren't as glossy as pictured on their website on this forum and new ones showed up at my door, didn't even have to ask. They might be a bit pricey but as everyone said before, you do get what you pay for, both product and service. They take care of their customers.

Back