• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

High voltage controller key switch

dimpirate

100 W
On a 100v setup with methods 24 fet. I want to swap controller on off button to key switch.
Can I use any 125Ac switch, how many Amps should it be rated for as well.
These are not main power lines just controller on off!! (Still showing pack voltage on multimeter)

Would something like this work?
[http://sensing.honeywell.com/produ...d for you I could use info. Thanks in advance

Current is minimal. It only provides the power for the controller. You need to be mindful of the voltage rating, otherwise virtually any switch should work.

Ok voltage rating. Do I have to find a product whose rating is minimum 100V DC.
Or can I just look at AC ratings anywhere over 100V good?
Minimal current 1Amp? ,2amp?

Most switches don't show rating above
48VDC Just current cappabillity dropping as voltage goes up.

If it's the same as the little waterproof pushbutton switch I have on my Methods' 18FET, it only switches the battery power to the low-voltage supply on and off, so it handles almost no current. I think the original switch has it's ratings stamped on it. But you can simply measure the current draw on your existing setup, by cutting the wire from one side of the switch to the PCB, and inserting your multimeter set to Amps between the two halves of the wire, then turning the controller on.

But as stated it will need the same voltage rating as the original switch--something that can take the max voltage your pack will be charged to.

Back