Honda C200 QS138 70H Build

MDG

100 W
Back at it with another fun project. This time I’m doing a Honda C200. Originally a 90cc setup. The bike was in pretty rough shape. Seized motor, missing some parts but we will get it back to full health. I’m running a 138 70h mid drive to retain a chain setup. Thought about a hub setup but wanted to do a mid drive for some time now. Votol EM150 controller and a very small battery haha. Just enough to mess around on. This bike doesn’t have much room for a big battery and this is a very well built unit from Bicycle Motor Works.

First up was mocking up the motor. I 3D printed some mounts to see where I wanted it to go. The top motor mount fits exactly into the stock top mount. From here I did an under cradle setup bolting to the frame.

The tank bottom was cut out since the controller is now mounted to the top frame rail. Still allowing some air flow and easy access.

The inside of the frame was cleaned out and air system removed. I had to cut out a good section of frame to make a removable battery setup. I then fabricated a battery tray that sits in the frame from which the battery can now slide in and out for a quick change. Originally, I planned to mount the battery under the upper frame rail but then decided to relocate it into the frame. Keeps the weight nice and centered and a bit lower too.

The bike itself will retain an original look but simply EV swapped. I’ll be sure to update as I go!

IMG_1756.jpegC200E.jpegIMG_2318.jpegIMG_2335.jpegIMG_2336.jpegIMG_2343.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Updates on this build after the Zundapp project. I completed the electrical today. Running a bicycle motor works 72v 15ah battery. 80A continuous and 120 peak. Not much range but it can be quickly removed under the seat. I also added a dc step down to run a 12v led full light circuit with horn, signals, brake and tail and high and low beam! Should be on the road this coming week.

Attachments

• IMG_2893.jpeg
    IMG_2893.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2888.jpeg
    IMG_2888.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2896.jpeg
    IMG_2896.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2804.jpeg
    IMG_2804.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Very nice looking! As for the limited range, you could always get a second same-size battery to carry in your backpack, and swap it out when the first one dies. Since you made it small enough to change easily.

Reactions: MDG
Very nice looking! As for the limited range, you could always get a second same-size battery to carry in your backpack, and swap it out when the first one dies. Since you made it small enough to change easily.
That’s the plan! Seat off, old battery out and new one in in less then a minute.

First test ride today! Wow does it move! The power to weight ratio is intense and I had it in low. Didn’t leave my shop parking lot but will easily get to 55-60mph but that’s not what it’s intended for. More of a mild city moped. I was able to install some BMX pegs in a very similar location as stock coming off the new motor. It’s really comfortable and all the brakes work perfectly.

Next is to fit the tank and tuck some wiring but we’re nearly there!

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
Back