• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

https://fattirebikeparts.com/ (What is your opinion)

Ebikebert

100 W
Hey ES. I want your input on what you guys think about this website. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the site perhaps purchasing something from them. If not I would still like your opinion of what you think of the site on a whole. Thank you guys for your continued help over the years!

https://fattirebikeparts.com/

The only thing XTREME about them seems to be their prices.

It's telling that they really only offer the one brand parts, but call themselves "Fat Tire Bike Parts".
The only thing interesting on that whole site is the Schrader valve tube. Those can be hard to find sometimes.

I won't get into their naming choice for the Cherokee bike, other than to point out that it's XTREMEly offensive to use a tribal name as a product name that isn't associated nor endorsed by them.

These guys make some really shitty and overpriced bikes.

"OUR FASTEST BIKES EVER! 1000-1250 WATT FRONT WHEEL DRIVE E-BIKES" lololololol :lol:

^^^^hahahaha
When I first saw the bike I was like thats gotta be 2wd, then I saw the motor wasnt that big, but maybe the perspective was off with the fat tire. Either way its best to buy a used fat bike and build your own. You could get some very good quality stuff for what you pay for that bike.

Aesthetic / fad with the extremely small advantage of the tires maybe providing a bit of give for non suspended bikes but really if that's an issue get a full suspension there's this thing called the used bike market and it has gazillions of decent full susp mtb for cheap.

So whats one good aspect of a fat tired bicycle when used on ground that is not sand, snow, mud?
A little bit of extra cushioning because of the fat tire.

So what are the bad aspects.........................................................................?
Lots

How often do you literally ride on ground that is sand, snow, mud?
Not very often, if at all

Why do people buy fat tired bicycle?
Who knows
Everytime I see a bicyclist riding a fat tire, its a summer day and they are riding inner city. Even gravel back alleys you dont need a fat tire bike. Even the huge ass provicial park within the city everything is bone dry, hard packed single track with the occasional shallow ass puddle.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Fish+Creek+Provincial+Park/@51.0275069,-114.0595803,11.29z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53717685a73ceb1d:0xfa8f5c2c1ac36f13!8m2!3d50.903942!4d-114.0136138

So you can obviously see the park in the south of the city, it follows the Bow River

Staying on topic, even the hunters video they are riding paths that do not require a fat bike. It would be easier for the hunters just to ride a regular mountain bike, full suspension, 2wd ebike.

^^ "Why do people buy fat tired bicycle?" Hehe... My town about lousy with streetcar tracks here/there... :wink:

Back