Hub motor as mid (illegalbike) 6000-12000W / 33-35kg

illegalbike said:
yellow illegalbike ............................. OK!

IMG_7967.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

bike just sold

Damn Russians I'm going to get a submarine I'm going to come over and I'm going to steall that bike. and declared it was an American made USA .
of course if I want to get a submarine I'm going to have to ask Columbia that they would help me.

good job

999zip999 said:
Damn Russians I'm going to get a submarine I'm going to come over and I'm going to steall that bike. and declared it was an American made USA .
of course if I want to get a submarine I'm going to have to ask Columbia that they would help me.

good job

in this case I will add a mount for a Kalashnikov assault rifle and a pair of ground-water torpedoes to the bike

thanks

mxlemming said:
illegalbike said:
mxlemming said:
Mr illegal, could you share some details of how you've constructed the main pivot? Looks very tidy, but the bearing axial loading etc?

in the last video I demonstrated the main pivot, maybe it will be useful for you. The motor, frame and swingarm on the same axis are difficult for mass production, the next frames I will design with inrunner motor

Unfortunately my Russian isn't great. I watched the whole video to find the bit I think was your explanation but... Didn't really get it. There's no English translation or subtitles on YouTube unfortunately.

Would be cool to see this mass produced. Your plan to sell them? How much?

I think he made the frame holes for the swing arm large enough to push the motor axle sideways in (first on side, than the other), than he'd clamp the swing arm around the axle flats, and finally slide-on the bearings on both sides + that tiny bolt to hold everything together. Smart but certainly not easy to build.

Hi, awesome project, seem to be a really good machine.
you made it on aluminium, what nuance? did you made thermal post treatment after welding?

Hey Dmitry, another question - what's all the software you are using for design? Thanks.

rider63 said:
you made it on aluminium, what nuance? did you made thermal post treatment after welding?

hi, i didn't learn heat treatment, but i'm cunning, so i used an aluminum alloy with 5% magnesium. This alloy does not require heat treatment and is easy to weld. Alloy AMg5 or another name 5056

Thx, got it. the rear swing arm clamps on the axel, and the axel pivots in the frame.

by illegalbike Ā» Oct 10 2021 5:07pm

ZeroEm wrote: ā†‘Sep 27 2021 9:45am
I'm interested in how the motor is mounted and lock into the swing arm? I see some pictures and have ideas in my head but would like a better look.
unfortunately, all frames of this version are sold and I cannot show this unit disassembled, there are several preserved photos from different angles

illegalbike said:
rider63 said:

hi, i didn't learn heat treatment, but i'm cunning, so i used an aluminum alloy with 5% magnesium. This alloy does not require heat treatment and is easy to weld. Alloy AMg5 or another name 5056

ok thanks you, unfornately in france there is no 5000 series tube seller...

i cant speak russian but at minute six as you point to the axle it sounds problematic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaH_lAp8Jk
im guessing it's problematic attaching the hub motor's axle, which is both threaded and with flats, to the front of the frame. Im guessing you banged a metal tube on the motor shaft ends to make round shafts for bearings?

Using a hub motor as mid drive seems ideal. Why are you are interested in using an inrunner next?

Hummina Shadeeba said:
i cant speak russian but at minute six as you point to the axle it sounds problematic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaH_lAp8Jk
im guessing it's problematic attaching the hub motor's axle, which is both threaded and with flats, to the front of the frame. Im guessing you banged a metal tube on the motor shaft ends to make round shafts for bearings?

the nut itself has a bearing fit.
one frame came to me for maintenance, soon I will be able to disassemble and show the motor mount

Hummina Shadeeba said:
Using a hub motor as mid drive seems ideal. Why are you are interested in using an inrunner next?

I want to try to make different frames and find out which is better

illegalbike said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
are the frames for sale in the near future?

Yes
How much and how soon

everywhere selling the motor says its max rpm is 600. I donā€™t know ur gearing but think u said 2:1 and looks fast. I wonder what rpm you do and why they state 600rpm and if in a built wheel the spoke tension would be added to the force but when running the motor bare as you do.. what you think?

Can not go faster than unloaded speed. It will be up to your Voltage/motor Kv. Wheel size will not be an issue.
by Hummina Shadeeba Ā» Oct 25 2021 9:46am

illegalbike wrote: ā†‘Oct 24 2021 1:46pm
Hummina Shadeeba wrote: ā†‘Oct 21 2021 10:04pm
are the frames for sale in the near future?
Yes
How much and how soon

everywhere selling the motor says its max rpm is 600. I donā€™t know ur gearing but think u said 2:1 and looks fast. I wonder what rpm you do and why they state 600rpm and if in a built wheel the spoke tension would be added to the force but when running the motor bare as you do.. what you think?

I mean what is the max rpm the motor can mechanically take before flying apart.(what rpm would be electrically ideal is another question). And I think all the sellers Iā€™ve asked are misunderstanding me too and bet the motor can do way more than 600rpm

Itā€™s 638rpm as they advertise it with the 20ā€ wheel so they surely arenā€™t answering the question and likely donā€™t know.

https://www.leafbike.com/products/diy-bike-conversion-kit/20-inch-48v-52v-1500w-rear-bike-motor-kit-1185.html

((They told me theyā€™ve tested it to 930rpm))

Back