I think this is laced wrong, can I fix it?

Boestin

100 W
Not sure, but I think this wheel is laced a bit wrong.. Is this easily fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 687
I wouldn’t call it wrong as much as it wasn’t “dished” to fit that particular swing-arm fork dropout spacing.

Can probably align with a few turns tighter on the side/direction of your arrows (brake disc) while loosening similar turns on the non-disc side.

Ykick said:
I wouldn’t call it wrong as much as it wasn’t “dished” to fit that particular swing-arm fork dropout spacing.

Can probably align with a few turns tighter on the side/direction of your arrows (brake disc) while loosening similar turns on the non-disc side.
+1 yep. Not wrong, just needs proper truing and adjustment to fit your bike.

Truing is definately the correct way to sort it, but just in case you don't have enough threads cut on your spokes, you 'could' depending on how much flex in the swingarm add a spacer on the freewheel side. These Vector swingarms do have a bit of 'give' :). It really depends on how much tightening the axle pinches the swingarm to hub or if it's a snug fit already. Both my HS3540 and CroV3 needed a spacer in the Vector swingarm.

Punx0r - I think your right about the spacer on the rotor side :D. If you have done this Boestin swap it over to the freewheel side and then adjust the brake mount adapter.

Attachments

• CroV3.JPG
    CroV3.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 656
  • HS3540.JPG
    HS3540.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 656
  • Fatty CroV3.JPG
    Fatty CroV3.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 655
  • Thin HS3540.JPG
    Thin HS3540.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 655
Loosen the spokes pulling to one side 1/2 turn, then go around the wheel tightening them on the other side 1/2 turn. Repeat till the wheel lines up better, or until you run out of threads on the tight side.

Then on to getting the rest with washers. Looks like you don't have enough axle to do it all with washers, so get what you can with dish first.

To dish the wheel a lot, it would require a re spoke, with one side a longer spoke, and the other side a shorter spoke.

Back