In EU, help selecting DD hubmotor for 20" trike rear. Amazon.de ?

marka-ee

100 W
Looks like I'm going to convert a trike. The trike is a tadpole with 20 inch wheels all around. I'd like to put a direct drive hub motor with disc brake. on the rear but it seems that they are fairly rare for this wheel size. Can anybody help me find a good selection for this project? I'll probably be running 48 volts into it. There are no hills in my area, so I'm looking at a top speed of between 50 and 60 kilometers per hour. Because the wheel is small, I think the direct drive is a good fit for this because the wheel spins fairly fast and besides I don't like geared hub motors anyway. What do you guys think? My other bike has a 9C DD hub motor in a 26 inch rim and I'm quite happy with that. I'm in the EU so If there's something on Amazon.de That would be the most convenient. The tax rates are outrageous here, so if I can purchase within the EU, that would be a huge plus.

I had a ebike with a Crystalyte g40 front motor, as shown in the picture. They also have a rear motor too on this website.

cr.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't know they still exist. Every time I hear that motor name, I think of some kind of a drink mix. Are they still considered to be a performance motor?

I found a few on Amazon.de that look to be okay as long as they're not lying. They rate them at 500 watts to 1,000 watts and they do look like the size of a 9C direct drive hub motor. Does anybody know if they are making things in that form factor that are no longer the capability of the classic 9C direct drive hub motor?

Crystalyte motor spec sheet shows a max speed of 35 kilometers per hour even at 48 volts. This is a little bit strange I think. They seem to be pricey. 125 euros extra for a rim.

Back