Industry worried about fed regulations, selling “overpowered” bikes

IMO, the bottom line is that there is basically no enforcement of the law, unless the media gets involved.
In my small town in BC, semi's speed through uninhibited, trucks without mufflers roar around, trucks are modified beyond the bumper height limits, cars and quads roar along the railway grade trail. Stores ignore health regulations and the police ignore complaints about it. There are many more examples of lawlessness being ignored, and it is not limited to this small town, it is continent wide.
SO............ Don't worry, be happy, enjoy your ride
they may make your ride illegal, but will not enforce the law, as long as you don't flaunt it.

Or when the local LEO doesn't like the look of you, or someone influential has another reason to stick it to you

How-many-people-die-from-air-pollution-1-1.png

Ebikes and LEV's and EVs all save MILLIONS of lives every year. We are killing innocent men women and children at rates faster than the holocaust from ICE vehicles pollution, but where are the lawsuits against every ICE vehicle mfg for there products intended operation causing millions of toxic cancerous torturous deaths??

The fact ebike deaths still make the news when they happen a couple times a year shows how incredibly safe they are for such events to be so rare as to make news. The current ratio is something like 100,000 cars killing someone for each ebike death.

If you completely eliminate all ebike related deaths you don't make a measurable change in any mortality data.
If you using things that aren't ebikes for the same transport needs, you kill millions of people yearly...

The idea of someone wanting to legislate away the practicality of use for a cure for millions of air pollution deaths is proof enough that a government has never had the interests of well being of its citizens in mind, but the continued profits of the corrupt factors that fund them (big oil).

Well that's a given afaic.

The bigger problem to me, is that citizens want to keep their freedumbs to live in rural areas and take infinite road trips in private vehicles

no matter what.

As we've seen with the plague still ongoing and the resistance to gun control, the lives of fellow citizens, much less humans in general

aren't valued very much, it seems many just don't give a rat's ass.

Which at this point I can see that POV, the fewer humans living on Earth the better, and however we get to say 10% of the current load doesn't really matter.

Very farfetched to think we'd ever manage to do so in an ethically planned humane manner...

simonov said:
2old said:
It's laughable trying to sue owners when individuals are riding around (road, off road and bike paths) with impunity on e-bikes and EUC's that have massive amounts of power.
Riders won't be sued, they will be cited.

There are people in places like California and New York who are being charged with felonies today for being in possession of firearms that were perfectly legal ten years ago. It's a handy blueprint for how to deal with troublesome trends in technology.

Police aren't going to care about ebikes with what's going on in the US and budgetary constraints. I've resided in socal for a long time and know the area. However, make sure you get in the last word.

Hillhater said:
john61ct said:
The bigger problem to me, is that citizens want to keep their freedumbs to live in rural areas and take infinite road trips in private vehicles
Far more air pollution generated in and around urban areas

Largely by suburbanites and exurbanites driving into the city to take advantage of city amenities (and incidentally to contribute to urban blight).

john61ct said:
As we've seen with the plague still ongoing and the resistance to gun control, the lives of fellow citizens, much less humans in general

I'm in favor of gun control if it starts with the greatest offenders turning in there guns first. This means after government, military, police, give up there guns, then and only then would it be logical for citizens to follow suit in giving up there guns. This is because law biding citizens who are well armed have a chance at not being slaves to government tyranny.

liveforphysics said:
This is because law biding citizens who are well armed have a chance at not being slaves to government tyranny.

Really? They can take you out with a video controlled drone or a laser guided bomb from anywhere in the world, and you think a gun will help? Remember you're already not allowed to have grenades, RPGs, shaped charge devices etc.

All it does is help the weak murder the weak. No thanks.

Yes, I want cops to go without lethal weapons. That's the first step towards getting decent humans to be cops. But it's not happening until chuds don't have AR-15s.

Chalo said:
liveforphysics said:
This is because law biding citizens who are well armed have a chance at not being slaves to government tyranny.

Really? They can take you out with a video controlled drone or a laser guided bomb from anywhere in the world, and you think a gun will help? Remember you're already not allowed to have grenades, RPGs, shaped charge devices etc.

Ukraine.

As for the explosives? Man, have you SEEN how people react to the 4th of July? Shit, i've even met EOD guys in my Hazmat courses who were MORE than willing to explain how certain "things" work, because it was a requirement of the job. A College-level chemistry textbook is the most dangerous thing in the world to me, now. At a time when the Supreme Court has decided that cops are not legally required to protect the citizens, I think I'll get my concealed carry.

liveforphysics said:
The idea of someone wanting to legislate away the practicality of use for a cure for millions of air pollution deaths is proof enough that a government has never had the interests of well being of its citizens in mind, but the continued profits of the corrupt factors that fund them (big oil).
It's also occam's razor- you're easily bullied, because you're in the minority and can be used as an enemy of the day. I see it with cigarette smokers, now that they're paying 3 times what they were for the death sticks 10 years ago.

As someone that has worked in several busy Manhattan ER's I challenge anyone here to visit their local ER to ask around about Bike or E-Bike accident numbers VS Cars/ICE vehicles. You can always just look up the statistics as well. The heaviest gnarliest 96V E-bike on the road replacing a car will save lives.

I'd much rather be hit as a pedestrian/car driver/e-biker by a reckless idiot on a 150lb E-Bike VS any several thousand pound car.

Back