Is the Soshine 1800maH the most powerful 18650 LIFEPO4?

Can't find a protected LIFEPO4 that is more powerful.

Why only 1800maH for LIFEPO4 whereas there are 4000maH LiPO 18650's? I see that the EcoReco standup kick electric scooters use LIFEPO4's -- are these protected, or not, when made into scooter packs?

Simples:

* There are no 4000mAh li-ion 18650 cells. The highest capacity is 3500mAh
* LiFePO4 has about half the energy density of other lithium chemistries

LiFePO4 has also received nowhere near the amount of ongoing investment and development work as other lithium chemistries, which have seen year-on-year increases in capacity.

Protected cells for EV are aberration, you want unprotected cells and add your own way of managing them, be it permanent with portable BMS or during charge only or during ride with an advanced ESC.

LifePo4 cells are the most stable ever done in the business, if you want chemistry which will 99% never fail you then this is it.
That's why manufacturers want to use LifePo4 instead of other types of cells when possible. Only quality LifePo4 I know are a123 systems cells, very high discharge rate, zero drift, thousand cycles before hitting the ground.

Now LifePo4 has low capacity for same weight or cell format. 18650 cells from a123 might not be available for long and are only 1200mAh. 26650 cells are the better choice for LifePo4.

But there are many quality and stable Li-Ion cells around, check the big brands. Most play with nickel, manganese, cobalt and mix it with lithium. Also some exotic ones, lithium hydrogen but never seen one in a build here, and when I ordered some unluckily I got a shipping issue not related to the seller and canceled it.

markz said:
*cough cough* really
LifePo4 cells are the most stable ever done in the business, if you want chemistry which will 99% never fail you then this is it.

Given riding conditions of most EV users and hobbyists, and comparing it to pretty much all batteries available to consumers, yes in riding conditions I'm pretty sure about my 99%. Why the sarcasm? If you know better chemistry cells, I'd be glad to know more about them, I'll be less stupid tonight.

True but I was also thinking of overcharge and over discharge as well as normal charge and discharge conditions, these won't be a source of house fire like LiPo can easily be.

Same in case of physical damage, that's the more stable and safe type of cell I've known. That's why I was saying 99%.

Back