K1 Flash - Simple firmware update for Bafang CAN motors. Speed limit for all CAN motors. Power adjustment settings (M510, M820, M560) and Calibration

DaDo.Bzz

100 W
K1 Flash Banner.jpg

Hello bafang ebikers

Introducing speed unlocker, configuration tool, calibration and also simple firmware fupdate - K1 Flash ⚡

Would you like to set or tune motor controller parameters? K1 Flash is compatible with all Bafang CAN bus motors (5 pin connector with "house" shape). Simply edit AutoSet.txt file on included SD card with your favourite settings.
Also can download motor firmware for M500, M510, M560, M600 and M620 motors and run Calibration.

Ocean&Yellow.jpg

Simple as 1, 2 ,3 ...

1. Insert included SD card (with set of firmwares - over 70 firmwares)
2. Power up K1 Flash (over USB-C cable from your mobile, power bank, charger ...)
3. Connect to your CAN motor - steady green LED light means all set and you can unplug device

In a minute your motor is flashed and parameters set according text file (editable) on SD card.

More info, pictures, video and ordering info at this google forms page:

K1 Flash na ebay.jpg

A quick video

Colour LED will tell you what state you are in:
Steady Red LED - Firmware flash ready. If does not start automatically - reconnect motor. (Older motors M500, M600 can flash only during boot up)
Red blinking LED - Firmware downloading to motor
Blue LED - Firmware upload completed, restarting motor
Blinking Green LED - Setup motor parameters ready - Connect motor
Steady Green LED - Completed, all OK. You can unplug motor
Red/Green - Calibration will start in 5 sec

You get a collection of bin files on SD card (over 70 bin files). Or simply add your firmware file into SD/ForceFlash directory and device will load it when compatible with your motor.

Tested on M500, M600 rev.A and B, M510 FC1.0 and FC2.0, M560 and M620. Should be working also with M300 and M420 and M820 as here are same bin file types.
Speed unlock, circumference supported by all Bafang CAN motors, including CAN hub motors.

If you want only speed unlock and set power parameters (supported by all CAN Bafang motors including CAN HUB motors) get a K1 Flash Light - starting at 110 Eur. If you interested please contact me at flash@K1eBikes.sk

Yellow + SD card.jpg
K1 Products.jpg

Attachments

• Ocean&Yellow2.jpg
    Ocean&Yellow2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Ocean.jpg
    Ocean.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 19
  • AutoSet.jpg
    AutoSet.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Connecting K1 Flash diagram.jpg
    Connecting K1 Flash diagram.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230620_010914.jpg
    IMG_20230620_010914.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Now available. Check ordering link for more info.

Now supporting also M620 CAN firmware flash and Calibration. Also should be working with M300 and M420 but not yet tested(dont have these motors) - will give a discount for testers of M420 and M300.
If somebody have firmware for M820, please share.

Now 10% discount on K1 Flash with code "endless4ever" - insert this code into note in order form.

Hello Jermaine. Yes, that would be possible as K1 Flash can upload also M620 firmware. Unfortunately I dont have any 52V firmware for M620 (but have one new 48V v 41.1). I guess you want to change to 52V, right?

My motor is 48v 1000watt M620 Canbus motor but my battery is 52v. 60amp . I’m planning to buy a new controller because I can’t get more than 250w in all of settings using DP C245 display. My wheel size is correct 27.5 on the screen the speed says 37mph which means it’s unlocked. Not sure what to do except to change the display and the controller?

Interesting! I haven't seen a product like this yet, could be a huge deal for CANBUS Bafang systems. Don't have one myself but would love to see this thing in action!

Hello Jermaine. Yes, that would be possible as K1 Flash can upload also M620 firmware. Unfortunately I dont have any 52V firmware for M620 (but have one new 48V v 41.1). I guess you want to change to 52V, right?
What are the Terminal commands? So you can actually run terminal?

My motor is 48v 1000watt M620 Canbus motor but my battery is 52v. 60amp . I’m planning to buy a new controller because I can’t get more than 250w in all of settings using DP C245 display. My wheel size is correct 27.5 on the screen the speed says 37mph which means it’s unlocked. Not sure what to do except to change the display and the controller?
Hello. Should not go 250W with all PAS levels with DPC245. Very strange. Unless your motor firmware is set so.
DPC245 is same protocol as older displays (with small differencies). So you see Power at the display max out at 250W?

What are the Terminal commands? So you can actually run terminal?
With Flash it is only to set speed, circumference and wheel size over terminal. Rest over config file on included SD card.
Commands example:
s45
w29
c2230
And to run Calibration over command "cal"

K1 BB3 is supporting all settings over terminal

Last edited:
K1 Flash tested with first M560 - 500W. Works great.
One observation: Not possible to set throttle speed limit. It is hardcoded (45 kmh) in a firmware same as on M510 FC2.0 (32kmh).
M560 first revision controller is actually M510 controller with new bootloader 3.2.3 and different motor setup. Lets wait for next revision.

How do you find out if you have the latest Software in your bafang motor?
Mines say on the display.
SW:CRR10MC4830E101143.1
Is this the latest?

Hello. Should not go 250W with all PAS levels with DPC245. Very strange. Unless your motor firmware is set so.
DPC245 is same protocol as older displays (with small differencies). So you see Power at the display max out at 250W?
Yes the motor stops power after 250watts in all settings.

And 41.1 has a big difference. You can set power levels over Besst Pro. Finally.

Here is a simple flash device, for those who dont have Besst. Firmware files included on SD card.

How do you find out if you have the latest Software in your bafang motor?
Mines say on the display.
SW:CRR10MC4830E101143.1
Is this the latest?
Yes, this is v43.1 and looks like latest.
I have v41.1 - but is good as you can set power levels.
I guess v43.1 should support also.

Brand new device soon on sale - BatteryBox Racing

- K1 SOC estimation %
- Set Battery cut off voltage - (down to 3.0V per cell even lower)
- K1 battery SOC freez - trick SOC to avoid power limitation
- Swap between 4 Speed limits with magic button combination
- You can use One Up Cell battery (52V battery with 48V firmware, or 48V battery and 43V firmware +100W)
- ASLS function Auto Set Low Speed after power on (Does not work with brand new FC2.0 controllers - they need to restart motor to take effect)
- Info under Battery screen (Motor and Controller temperature, Total energy used [Ah], Energy counter with auto reset function [mAh], battery Cycles)
K1 Products.jpg

Attachments

• BBR Only.jpg
    BBR Only.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 4
  • BBR 03 - connector.jpg
    BBR 03 - connector.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 2
  • BBR Al.jpg
    BBR Al.jpg
    889.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: