Kaabo Mantis infos ? bms?

marka-ee

100 W
I got a Kaabo Mantis w dual motors. What a dramatic improvement over my m365 , but at double the weight. Anyhow, Does anyone know if the BMS that Kaabo typically uses does the typical, what I call 'dumb' balance charge to 4.2 volts which harms the cells faster ? I think it has some kind of China Mxx cells where I don't remember what the xx letters are for the company name. I'm hoping it only charges to 4.1 like my old scooter, as this is much better for the cells at little capacity change, well worth it. 'Real' EV's do the same for a reason, after all.
Anyhow, if anyone has some experience w the Kaabo brand, I'd love to learn more about it.

How many series cells (groups) does it have?

What is the final full charged voltage?

Divide the one by the other and you have the cell voltage. ;)

Digging more, I found the cells specs and that it is 13S7P . My disappointment is that it charges to 4.2 volts per cell which is a no no for pack life. No non-toy EV car or whatever charges to 100% cell capacity.
I think china scooter companies tend to not care about maximizing pack life, and care more about YouTube videos showing how far the scooter can go.

It costs less for the company to build if they use less cells to make the pack from, so to get the same claimed capacity from it they must use more of the charging voltage range.

It's all about money.

Back