Kelly with GM

incememed

10 W
Hi,

I can't get my new Kelly KBS-model controller to run with any of my Golden Motor hub motors (BLDC 36/500 and 48/1000). Error signalling LED on controller is working fine and does not signal any error (it does complain if I change hall effect sensor placement from 120 to 60 degrees). The motor never even jerks or shivers.

There has been similar treads in the past, but none of them tell the last part - did it finally work? :?:

It's tempting to conclude the controller is faulty, since the motors work fine with the GM controller, but I don't think that's it.

Anyone?

/Mattias

I couldnt find the specs on your kelly, i know with mine though it had a feature on it that
was used i guess when installed in a forklift, you had to push a switch down in order for the throttle to work, on the
throttle wires there were a black/white wire that need to be 'closed' in order for the throttle to work
no idea if yours is the same sorry, mine was a mini kelly but of the brushed variety..

Kelly Controler Schmetic.JPG

Wires in question on Junction 2
I simply twisted mine together and slipped some heat shrink over them...

Hope you get it sorted anywayz...

KiM

EDIT :

Found the schmatic...yours also has the same deal on the controller...

Check page 10 of the pdf

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:j9DMSAm-Pa0J:www.newkellycontroller.com/mot/downloads/KellyKBSUserManual.pdf+kelly+controller+KBS-model+controller+schmatic&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgfZt2unnIuDBN-XuriZ0H3UMkdT1Vw5SfvkDKDuLz_JIqPYV1NTDwThI5LXw48SmdiwL5u3tM1ZeVQducEmDcTuCkyBrXv-NgBFiPs0CKeux-LgnDFfQjs4OTA3NEF1PKBdISh&sig=AHIEtbTUvrYuQ3oJ7_aqrOyluLGxDcO2sA

Grey and Black on the throttle wire possible ? Twist them together see if you get some mojo

best of luck...

Thanks AussiJester. I tried this, and I also tried disabling this function in the configuration program (it's called Foot switch or similar). No mojo...

Bummer mate, soz that was all I had hopefully someone else can offer some more assitance...I should of mentioned it was also a function in the software my bad, i was told the same myself when i had the issue :)

Best of luck ...worse comes to worse i hear Kelly have an excellent warrnaty polocy replacing damaged goods willingly rather than you having to beg and threaten ...

KiM

Back