KLD -Whats happend ?!

E-Chopper

10 W
Hello to everyone

one day i saw a cheap (frog-green)sevcon gen4 size 2 controller on ebay .(press button buy and you come to ebay-site )
http://www.terapeak.com/worth/sevco...for-pm-motors-electric-vehicles/162213747793/
After i saw the controller im confused i know that i saw this controller years before in a article in the internet .
https://chargedevs.com/features/onedrive-of-a-kind-kld-energys-new-propulsion-system/
Could it be possible that KLD Technologies (Texas) had closed :cry: ? and now there stuff (controller ect) was sold for cheap money ?

Does anyone had allready buy one of this green controllers or know for what kind of BLDC-Motor this controller was Programmed .

I know that KLD use sevcon on there scooter etc .

1.jpg

Hi again

Now im sure that KLD- Engineering had closed there Business :cry: .
After some resarch i found that script on www [/url] http://bankrupt.com/misc/KLD_Energy_237_Order.pdf [/url]
on the last page there is a index list and there you can see the controller .
KLD named the Controller KLD -MARK 1101 but in real it was a sevcon gen4 size2 Controller .

I belive that they use this controller for the HUB-Motor (Scooter)
kld-electric-motor.jpg
kld_escooter_ghost.jpg

or this type
eclimo_KLD_scooter_isolated_woStand.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Hello
at my owen risk I buy one of these KLD Controllers for 140 bucks (for a sevcon it´s real cheap)

the controller come with no wiring harness or manual .

So i had to make a DIY wire connection .
The manual i download from thunderstruck-ev .
(the manull dont tell you for what the controller is programmed ! but it includes all importend connections-Cabling)

I test this controller with a boma 50 v 1600watt BLDC(crazy i know) .
First i had real trouble with it because the bldc does turn for 2 second and then stop or it runs out of controll or change direction ......
So i think to myself ok now i own a big Paperweight(or i buy a ixxat-Can-Bus) .
After a night sleep i think back of my first GM-Controller they only runs controllable with load (Torque mode) .

So again i connect the controller and put on some massive load .
And yeah now it works not really well but it will work 8)
This controller turns the little BLDC with load so fast to 5000rpm it was amazing i had to watch out that i dont kill the Boma -motor (drag-race-mode :twisted: ) .
Next time i connect this controller to my 3kw GM motor to see whats happend .

Some data i had figured out :

ac- encoder(two wire) mode is disable
Hall encoder is enable->Hall Voltage is 10 Volt not 5 Volt (most BLDC-hall sensor will support this )
Also the Voltage for the Throttle is much higher then 5 volt ! a 5 volt hall twist throttle will be destroyed they will not support that !! . i Use a poti for my attempt .
50 Volt is Ok for the controller i try it with 63 volt too.... the controller work but the led flashes 7 times that means voltage to high(but it will work!!!) .
Bare minimum switch is the Footswitch the other switches are disabled but FS you need to (switch) without the Controller will not work !!

greetings Martin

sorry for my bad german-english

First test with 50 Volt
sevcon1.png

Second test with 60 Volt
sevcon2.png

Back