KMX Trike with TDCM IGH & Phaserunner

calfeetwenty said:
Do you think I should put the air shocks back on?

I would. You'll never have to worry about them launching you airborne if something went wrong.

I had the opportunity to use a nice flat, level, and smooth garage floor to work on the trikes front end the other day. I removed the shocks and blocked the front of the trike up enough so the wheels could hang at full extension. I then checked the toe with the wheels fully up down and in the middle. The toe was consistent in all three positions. It was wrong but consistent.

So I set the suspension in the middle and properly set the toe. The air shocks are back in and set to 80 psi. The trike rolls a little easier now and is quieter. It is also a little more stable but I think it could be better. I rolled into the parking lot behind a Catrike owner and we compared our rides and talked for a while. The Catrike had a 4 or 5 inch longer wheelbase. I still feel I can make it better.

I reset the cycle analyst for the last 4 miles, lowered my assist, shifted into the mid range, pedaled a little harder, and got down to 12 watts per mile while averaging 15 mph. I won't be doing that to often though. I would rather be around 20.

adam333 said:
When you pedal the trike, do you "pull" a bit on the steering handle to increase the force applied to the pedal ?

No but pedaling shifts my weight a bit and rocks the boat so to speak. If I keep still and us the throttle I can go much faster comfortably.

I bought a new trike. A HP Velotechnik Scorpion fs 26 full suspension frame kit. It has a 50 inch wheelbase. I will find out about the stability in a few months.

Back