KT Controller - C2 parameter, motor phase classification

MattZ

100 W
I'm trying to understand the C2 parameter, hopefully someone can clarify it.
The manuals I've read describe this parameter as "setting the different phases of the motor when using a sine wave drive.
The default setting is 0, indicating the quantum motor phase is standard. When the parameter is set to a specified value, a particular motor phase is selected. Range of values for C2 are 0 - 7."
Does "standard" mean square wave? Mine is set to 0, but I have a sine wave controller. I wouldn't be surprised if this setting was wrong since other settings seem incorrect even though motor and controller were bought as a kit.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

1st, assuming any of those setting are correct because it was purchased as a kit would be incorrect.
2nd, that setting has more to do with calibrating the speedo than it does affecting motor performance. If it seems to be working OK set at -0- I'd leave it set there.

AHicks said:
1st, assuming any of those setting are correct because it was purchased as a kit would be incorrect.
2nd, that setting has more to do with calibrating the speedo than it does affecting motor performance. If it seems to be working OK set at -0- I'd leave it set there.

Thanks again AHicks. I never would have guessed this had anything to do with the speedo. It's working fine and the speedo seems accurate but I haven't checked it with GPS.

Back