LBS Thrust and Acceleration

worldpax

1 W
What do you guys consider nice acceleration and how does that equate to lbs/thrust?

Of course the weight of rider and bike is going to be a factor, but If we ignore that, can you guys quantify what numbers we would see for: mehhh, nice, well ok, heh heh, oh heck yeah, and Millennium Falcon levels of acceleration.

I dont think anyone here measure there bikes performance in thrust. Most can only tell you how much power is going into the system.
With this in mind.. I would rate my H4060 like this
500w = mehhh
1500w = nice
2500w = well ok
4000w = heh heh
6000w = oh heck yeah
12000w = millennium falcon

This is a very old question. Acceleration is power divided by weight, plus traction....A = P/W + T

The route to going faster starts with adding more power, this is very intuitive. Then, if two cars (or E-bikes) have the same power, the faster one will be the one that weighs less. A long time ago, LFP posted about how he used to race heavy Detroit Iron with a 4-cylinder Honda Civic. It had a turbo, but it was still just a 4-cylinder, right?

The big difference in the equation was that a Camaro/Mustang/Charger from the late 1960's weighs more than 3500 lbs, and a Civic can be easily pared down to 2,000-lbs. It's amusing to consider that, but...the next part of the equation is traction. You can raise the power of a 2,000-lb car enough to where...when you rev the motor and dump the clutch, the tires just spin instead of accelerating the car.

An AWD electric bike will have two tires gripping the road instead of one, and two medium sized motors have the same copper mass as one large motor. Just my two cents to consider...

spinningmagnets said:
This is a very old question. Acceleration is power divided by weight, plus traction....A = P/W + T

The route to going faster starts with adding more power, this is very intuitive. Then, if two cars (or E-bikes) have the same power, the faster one will be the one that weighs less......

Mad RESPECT to you spinningmagnets, but using lbs/thrust I can mathematically approximate a 0-??mph. As a guy that regularly destroys 500hp Corvettes with a 40hp shifter kart, I get power to weight.

What I don't know is and maybe a better question from me is, for an ebike what would be considered slow, medium, fast, and OMG 0-20mph times or 0-25mph.

On dry asphalt or concrete a powerful RWD ebike (unless long wheelbase) ought to be limited by wheelie rather than traction :)

Back