Li-po in Parallel

MartyMcfly1

10 mW
Looking for some advice regarding parallel li-po

I'm currently running my bike with 22s li-po in series, Sabvoton 72150 controller and Grin Cycle Analyst V3.

Current set-up I'm using Turnigy 10ah li-po packs, three 6s packs and one 4s pack. They're rated 12-24c discharge.

I have some Tattu li-po packs spare which are 10ah, same size packs, three 6s and one 4s. These are rated at 25c discharge.

My question is, would I be okay to connect these different brand packs in parallel, so I'd be running same voltage etc but with 20ah capacity? The reason I'm unsure is because they're different brand packs and I'm assuming have a slightly different internal resistance.

Any feedback appreciated.

Try to get it within 0.01v very crucial 0.01-0.05

The draw from the controller/esc needs to be less then your weakest lipo.

MartyMcfly1 said:
My question is, would I be okay to connect these different brand packs in parallel, so I'd be running same voltage etc but with 20ah capacity?

The reason I'm unsure is because they're different brand packs and I'm assuming have a slightly different internal resistance.

Any feedback appreciated.

What amp loading does your motor/controller draw ?
I would not take the C rating claimed by the manufacturers as being accurate, but paralleling those two sets should not be an issue if they are all in good condition.
As calab said, just make sure both packs are at the same voltage when connected.

Back